• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CrossFit

Should I buy a $30 pass for 12 drop-in classes and 3 fundamentals classes from groupon?

any of you white people still doing crossfit?

any of you white people still doing crossfit?

url

this was the workout yesterday, it SUCKED

AMRAP 30 minutes:
800m Run
30 Power cleans (95/65)
30 Toes to bar
30 Box jumps (24/20 inches)
30 Push presses (95/65)
30 Double-unders
30 Pull-ups
30 Burpees
30 Walking lunges

AMRAP 30 minutes:
800m Run
30 Power cleans (95/65)
30 Toes to bar
30 Push presses (95/65)
30 Double-unders
30 Pull-ups
30 Burpees
30 Walking lunges

That sounds rough.

Our WOD this morning was kind of easy: 6 rounds of 3 power cleans every 45 seconds, then 6 rounds of 3 push press every 45 seconds, then 6 rounds of 7 pull ups or 3 muscle ups every 45 seconds.

Last edited:

AMRAP 30 minutes:
800m Run
30 Power cleans (95/65)
30 Toes to bar
30 Push presses (95/65)
30 Double-unders
30 Pull-ups
30 Burpees
30 Walking lunges

so you didn't even flip over a tire? wtf is the point, then

Anybody here do Orange Theory? I've been doing it for 18 months and it's been great.

question about crossfit - do you show up at a specific time and do these things in a group, or is the WOD just written on a board and you come in when you can and get it done?

question about crossfit - do you show up at a specific time and do these things in a group, or is the WOD just written on a board and you come in when you can and get it done?

Most places have specific class times; one of the selling points of a good gym should be the instruction/supervision you're getting from the coaches in a small-ish size class. Of course, quality and adherence to that vary depending on where you go. Rules for open gym vary by location.

most of the classes are at set times. part of the selling points are the instruction and that you can be in and out in an hour without dicking around.

but most gyms have open gym time. the one i go to encourages people to come in whenever to work on specific things.

ridiculously high reps with power cleans seems dumb.

makes sense.
I'm intrigued by CF, but know my activity-addictiveness would probably not let me just 'try it out' a couple times without wanting to really do it and I can not afford another activity now, money-wise or time-wise.

okay. carry on with your cardio workouts crossfitters.

Almost 2 years in now and still love it. I got some friends back home who wod at kernersville crossfit and say its a great box.

Back