• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 10(Season)4: I hear the jury's still out on science

Status
Not open for further replies.
carry it with you if you go to another public sector job? count it towards retirement if you stay in the public sector?

i don't believe it counts towards retirement in our system, but to be honest i've not really looked into any retirement perks because it's so. far. away. if i were to transfer within the PERS system I think it would carry over... ?

Someone from another office in my building snapped a pic of our bear visitor. Seems like a pretty big one:

fx3txu.jpg

looks like he's about to shit in the woods.

PARTY IN THE CITY WHERE THEY SIGNED LEBRON

...maybe. we'll see about at 12 am.

yep... although, at least for me, vacation does cash out. the crappy one is sick leave, of which i have 100+ hours, and get nothing for it.

I get to carry mine toward retirement if I keep working for the state, but I will likely use it all toward maternity leave when the time comes. Of course, I probably already take more sick leave than you do because I can use it when E is sick/has Dr.'s appointments (which I always thought was silly silly when I didn't have kids and was basically in your situation and still kind of do but "get it" more now). It should all be flex time imo

i don't believe it counts towards retirement in our system, but to be honest i've not really looked into any retirement perks because it's so. far. away. if i were to transfer within the PERS system I think it would carry over... ?

gotcha. i know i can use it towards my years of service at the end of my career, not sure how that works in other states. also, so glad when i switched jurisdictions i was able to carry my unused time with me, sitting on almost 70 sick days right now

I get to carry mine toward retirement if I keep working for the state, but I will likely use it all toward maternity leave when the time comes. Of course, I probably already take more sick leave than you do because I can use it when E is sick/has Dr.'s appointments (which I always thought was silly silly when I didn't have kids and was basically in your situation and still kind of do but "get it" more now). It should all be flex time imo

i can use it for my own appointments, which is definitely nice
*eta: i have a separate bank for dependent care, so if something terrible happens to J i've got 40 hrs to put towards that.

Why do women say "top" instead of "shirt"?

SO DO THE ENGLISH. But they also call them shirts. In fact, what we would call "jerseys", they call shirt. What we would call "uniform", they call kit.

It is a crazy world out there.

Why do women say "top" instead of "shirt"?

I rarely if ever call them tops, but I think it's because calling a blouse a shirt feels wrong (because it isn't like a t-shirt?). So "top" is more generic?

I rarely if ever call them tops, but I think it's because calling a blouse a shirt feels wrong (because it isn't like a t-shirt?). So "top" is more generic?

A blouse and a t-shirt are both shirts.

OGBroads drop "top" on here all the time :)naughty:), and it sounds weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back