• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 105: Cheap Hotel Room Available in Boone! PM deacphan for deets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing it right
Everybody will be dancing and be doing it right

that really stinks.

I have had two foiled efforts to see the Beastie Boys, though I did get to see them but just not enough. Back in 1998 at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in DC my sister had an asthma attack in the mosh pit so we had to leave (I was not as supportive as I should have been). Then a few years later I won tickets to see them at 9:30 Club and the show was delayed like 4 hours due to their travel delays, then to my recollection they had to play a shortened set due to some weeknight noise curfews. Maybe I made that part up though because I just found this thread and it seems like the set was a typical length.

did you have a water hookup fee? My first water bill was ~$29 but $20 was a hookup fee (even though it had never been turned off from the previous owners). Otherwise yes that seems really high. Check for leaking hoses.

I'm kinda sad I never got to meet the DGAF RTQ

well, I'm glad I am no longer a person who would sort of risk her sister's life so I could hear Fight For Your Right.

Was that the infamous 9:30 Club Beastie Boys show where they delivered a bunch of pizzas to the club while everybody waited?

Was that the infamous 9:30 Club Beastie Boys show where they delivered a bunch of pizzas to the club while everybody waited?

evidently. I don't remember that part, but it was mentioned on the forum I linked above.

nice. on wikipedia it also says they made an exception and allowed reentry so I suppose its possible you went out somewhere

RIP MCA

I never got to see them but I had tickets to the cancelled Beasties/RATM show in NOLA when I think Mix Master Mike broke his arm or something while riding his bike. Then Rage brokeup so never got rescheduled.

I do have a recollection of walking to some CVS or something down the street and the cashier had never heard of the Beastie Boys. "Back Street Boys?" no, Beastie Boys.

I do have a recollection of walking to some CVS or something down the street and the cashier had never heard of the Beastie Boys. "Back Street Boys?" no, Beastie Boys.

how is this even...? :rulz:

how is this even...? :rulz:

I'm fairly certain I know the CVS she's talking about. That's possible because that's the same CVS thats like a block away from Ben's Chili Bowl. Beastie Boys aren't exactly popular with the crew that's working there.

sorry, two blocks

Fun fact: directly between ben's and that cvs is where I met lbE's ex and a couple other people for a random Monday happy hour... that would've been fall 08

sorry, two blocks

Fun fact: directly between ben's and that cvs is where I met lbE's ex and a couple other people for a random Monday happy hour... that would've been fall 08

You met yourself?

inception11.jpg

you know what i like about this board? amongst other things: very few "signature" footers. And the ones we have I like. Like lbe's. And Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back