• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 135 - God Bless America and No One Else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part about it is my grandmother called my aunt to tell her the symptoms, my aunt called ems and when the ambulance got to their retirement community they called to get let in and the nurse that had responded to their house turned the EMS away telling them that he was okay and just dizzy. Cost them an hour in getting to the hospital. My uncle also got into an argument with the 911 dispatcher about proper response protocols. The guy shut up and listened when he learned my uncle is a recently retired firefighter who was a firefighter (full time, not volunteer) for 35 years.

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The worst part about it is my grandmother called my aunt to tell her the symptoms, my aunt called ems and when the ambulance got to their retirement community they called to get let in and the nurse that had responded to their house turned the EMS away telling them that he was okay and just dizzy. Cost them an hour in getting to the hospital. My uncle also got into an argument with the 911 dispatcher about proper response protocols. The guy shut up and listened when he learned my uncle is a recently retired firefighter who was a firefighter (full time, not volunteer) for 35 years.

ugh, that's scary. and shame on the nurse! not sure what my grandparents' community's protocol is, but they've got pull tabs all through their cottage that connect directly to emergency response. like "help i've fallen and i can't get up" but in the wall.

jason says "don't worry - people's best days are those after a heart failure."

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Yep. Since he will likely almost completely recover it is okay, but you can bet your ass some serious conversation are happening with the management at their community. Doesn't help that he has several attorneys in the family, including one with major healthcare experience and connections (on the health insurance side, not ambulance chasing).

ugh, that's scary. and shame on the nurse! not sure what my grandparents' community's protocol is, but they've got pull tabs all through their cottage that connect directly to emergency response. like "help i've fallen and i can't get up" but in the wall.

jason says "don't worry - people's best days are those after a heart failure."

Yeah they have pull cords too. We called EMS and they pulled the cord for while EMS was coming. The nurse then took it upon herself to turn the EMS away. I have already ranted about it a lot and we are having some serious conversations with management. My stance is once we have called EMS, the resident nurse becomes a first responder, not someone who has discretion to let the ambulance in.

I will put it this way- my aunt and uncle who live in Greensboro beat my granddad to Forsyth and they both had to come home from work before leaving for Winston.

LBE- I don't know if you ever met my grandparents while we were at Wake or not, but my grandmother did my laundry all the way through. I never did laundry at all until literally the night before graduation when my grandmother was sick.

Last edited:
fuuuuuuuuuuuu they didn't distribute this to oregon this go-round. so bummed.

brews- re: your rep. I know, it's shocking. but if you go on their site, it even shows in the #state things that oregon's not on there. terrible.

LBE- I don't know if you ever met my grandparents while we were at Wake or not, but my grandmother did my laundry all the way through. I never did laundry at all until literally the night before graduation when my grandmother was sick.

ummmm, this one is going to need an explanation

ummmm, this one is going to need an explanation

My grandparents live like 3 minutes from campus. I had dinner with them at least once a week for the most part and I would drop my laundry with them and go pick it up a couple days later all washed, folded and ironed.

interesting. i never met them. i knew they lived close, though.

Ugh, if you're "rehoming" your Dachshund via Craigslist because you are moving and can't have a dog at your new place, don't talk to me all about how you love that dog. If you did, you'd find a place where you could still ahve a 12 pound dog.

Also don't require a 200 dollar re-homing fee when I am trying to get the dog into a rescue organization. Most of our rescues' adoption fees aren't more than 300 dollars. Most are around 200.

That Michael Scott clip on Jay made me choke up a bit.

Kidding. But I do miss Michael scott.

Austrians are sooooooooooo pumped for the winter Olympics. It's their single greatest sporting event, and it only happens every 4 years. Pretty fun to be around. Tons of watch parties for the opening ceremonies tonight, and then EVERYONE is going to be watching the alpine events starting tomorrow. Going to a sports bar to watch downhill skiing or giant slalom is a different experience, that's for sure.

IN on this thread! America's greatness > the suckiness of the Winter Olympics

America:everyone else::Summer Olympics:Winter Olympics

Ugh wish we could be back in Innsbruck again

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The Winter Olympics do not suck.

I don't get people.

The Winter Olympics do not suck.

I don't get people.

They only suck compared to summer.

My son asked why basketball isn't a winter sport since it's really played in the winter. I didn't have a real good answer other that Winter Olympics is pretty much sports that could traditionally only be played in the winter.

My son asked why basketball isn't a winter sport since it's really played in the winter. I didn't have a real good answer other that Winter Olympics is pretty much sports that could traditionally only be played in the winter.

They talked about this on Mike & Mike the other day. There are so many sports that COULD be winter sports because they're played indoors, and most of them ARE winter sports in reality (Basketball, Wrestling, Volleyball, Gymnastics). If you shifted some of them around the winter sports could get a big boost.

I mean, that's basically it. Winter Olympics = snow and ice. Summer Olympics = everything else.

And of course stuff like gymnastics and wrestling have always been a summer event so it stays put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back