• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 177: Strong Like Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
what? the surfacebook is super tight

can't wait to see the innovation at apple pitch another resized iphone and try to act like its something new

My #hottake on there being so many entitled lawyers is that it use to be a very well respected profession but in the 21st century lawyers have the become viewed as the white collar version of hatchet man.

Also I guess lawyers think they deserve respect because they went to school for longer and have an advanced degree. Like we're suppose to treat them like doctors or something. IDK.

fbb759afdea0210d33bce257872729b6.jpg

what? the surfacebook is super tight

can't wait to see the innovation at apple pitch another resized iphone and try to act like its something new

Eh, MS is just copying stuff we have been doing for awhile. Go look at the ThinkPad Helix, the ThinkPad Yoga, the Yoga 3 Pro, our LaVie 360, etc... (disclaimer: despite what others might think, I am no salesperson and don't know squat about detailed specs and the like...).
No one knows much about any of these products because we don't market them...

I've never been so excited for a Monday as I am right now; in-laws have been in town all week and are staying through the weekend.

I've never been so excited for a Monday as I am right now; in-laws have been in town all week and are staying through the weekend.

That's always exhausting. My MIL is a pretty good houseguest when she comes to visit, and she's very easygoing and fun, but by the end of the week I just want my space back. If my parents stayed with us for a week there would be a homicide. Luckily, my mom hated her FIL, especially when they would come to stay at the house, so she has a firm rule that she will never stay overnight at our house. So in the 9 years I've been married they have never once stayed with us. They used to get a hotel nearby until they bought a place in Annapolis and now they just stay there when they come up.

Eh, MS is just copying stuff we have been doing for awhile. Go look at the ThinkPad Helix, the ThinkPad Yoga, the Yoga 3 Pro, our LaVie 360, etc... (disclaimer: despite what others might think, I am no salesperson and don't know squat about detailed specs and the like...).
No one knows much about any of these products because we don't market them...

Unfortunately, the only one of those that matches the form factor of the SurfaceBook is the Helix, and that model's specs don't come anywhere close to what the SB has to offer. None of them do, really. Even the more powerful machines in that list (the Yoga 3 Pro and LaVie 360) are still stuck with integrated Intel graphics (the SB has two graphics chips iirc, one is a dedicated Nvidia chip located in the keyboard/stand) and are limited to 8GB of RAM. Don't think any offer the latest skylake processors either.

The biggest thing is probably the design though. The magnesium body + hinge screen just seem more high quality. I think the Surface Book will fall more into the premium tier of laptops and compete with the MBP (same specs, but can do so much more w/ the "clipboard"). The Lenovo options are definitely cheaper for the most part price-wise. It remains to be seen whether they (MS) can convince enough people to buy at that price point, but it's a cool product that offers power you wouldn't expect in that form factor.

Also I'm never going to support Lenovo again with that Superfish/adware shit [1]. Just completely clueless as a company and a huge security risk. And you also have the reloading of crapware through means which aren't typically allowed [2], and more news about tracking malware coming preloaded [3]. It's not been a good year for Lenovo. It's just a company that gives zero fucks about it's customers having any rights to privacy.

[1] https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/...top-trying-intercept-your-customers-encrypted
[2] http://arstechnica.com/information-...theft-feature-to-install-persistent-crapware/
[3] http://www.computerworld.com/articl...hinkpad-thinkcentre-and-thinkstation-pcs.html

I virtually never use my home computer for anything so I don't know that I would ever buy one again. I have a gen1 iPad that hasn't been used in years. I have a work laptop, but I rarely use it outside of work. I just don't think there is anything I need a home computer for that I can't do on my iphone.

I virtually never use my home computer for anything so I don't know that I would ever buy one again. I have a gen1 iPad that hasn't been used in years. I have a work laptop, but I rarely use it outside of work. I just don't think there is anything I need a home computer for that I can't do on my iphone.

You do all your posting from your phone? Impressive..

I do a lot of internet browsing on my laptop and play games on my PC. I'd get too annoyed doing the former on my phone I think.

At home, yes. At work I'm on my computer. If I'm on my work laptop at home, it's for work.

Wow, defs still impressed. I'm only on tapa/the boards on my phone when I'm riding in a car or using the bathroom.

I don't think I've played a game on the computer since Doom (the original). I have friends that are huge into PC gaming and say it's far superior to a console, but I'm not sure I could make that switch.

Wow, defs still impressed. I'm only on tapa/the boards on my phone when I'm riding in a car or using the bathroom.

can you check out posts by device? i assume it gets recorded as an event. I'd guess that the majority of posts come from non-desktop.

Samesies

can you check out posts by device? i assume it gets recorded as an event. I'd guess that the majority of posts come from non-desktop.

Don't think it's stored on Vbulletin, but I do get monthly Tapatalk usage reports. So I guess I could figure it out using that data..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back