• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 177: Strong Like Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downtown Durham gets a lot of well deserved props because of where it started (i.e., a frightening hell hole) and where it is now (some good stuff within a few blocks of the DPAB and DPAC), but being generous it has about 25% of the shit that is in downtown Raleigh now. It's like comparing Winston-Salem to Burlington. I like Durham (went to dinner and a concert there just last weekend), but there is no comparison. If you haven't hung out in Raleigh in the past 15 years, yes, you would notice an amazing difference. Shit, even in the past 7 years it is night and day.

In other words, Durham hasn't gentrified enough for Say Hey.

Most single bros don't want to live in some planned community in Raleigh. Move there after you've had fun in Durham right after you settle down and become dead inside.

Of course they don't. They want to live inside the beltline. And there are a bunch of planned communities in Durham too.

I'd rather stay in the same place and be established with friends and contacts in the community than move 30 miles away to a more livable city when I reach age 30.

In other words, Durham hasn't gentrified enough for Say Hey.

My grandfather went to Durham High School with Bones McKinney. Durham started getting less nice slightly after that time and continued doing so for about 60 years. There's plenty more gentrifying to be done.

Biff explains white flight and gentrification. Is this offered online for credit?

Call it whatever you want. The place was a dump. The Durham suburbs weren't all that nice either.

I'm very excited about this Sunday gravy I've been planning out in my head.

I learned a trick recently

Instead of chopping up an onion just cut in half and drop in

Works for a slow sauce

Also toss a carrot in there too

I do support RTQ coming to live with me as my adopted 3rd child, but I think it would be cooler if she moved into the Bungalow with El Chupe and made him into a new, respectable man.

sounds like a plan. will he be my shroom guide? most people I know said no way but el chupe does crazy things without even a guide friend!

What about multiple baby carrots?

Could make it too sweet

I strain the sauce and serve cooked meats separately

So far here's what I got:

Certified San Marzano Peeled whole tomatoes
Garlic
Onion
1 medium sized carrot
Parsley
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Red wine
Small lamb shank
Veal shank
Beef shank
Pork shoulder blade
Minced pancetta

Brown meats first except maybe pancetta

Where did you find them? I'm thinking I need to procure some rain boots prior to Saturday's game in the monsoon.

Good idea. I bought so many new cute boots for the fall and haven't been able to wear them yet. Time to cave and buy some rain boots.

Also, hi chat thread! I've missed you all.

RTQ, please don't date med students. And definitely not law students. But please consider this bungalow idea.

I'm always surprised when I am reminded of districtdeacon's post count. He has to be the least prolific prolific poster in the history of the boards.

I'm very excited about this Sunday gravy I've been planning out in my head.

I learned a trick recently

Instead of chopping up an onion just cut in half and drop in

Works for a slow sauce

Also toss a carrot in there too

Save your Parmesan rinds and toss them in too

I always feel like carrots make the sauce too sweet. That recipe looks dope though.

I also echo not dating law students/lawyers and have always heard that doctors make horrible husbands. Anecdotally that is true.

slab-cropped-jouster-5748-Iron_Eagle_37075_Medium.jpg

i don't even know why i post around here at all if this doesn't get any laughs. dammit.

CT 177: This one weird trick will tell you how young is too young

What a great f-ing movie.

"Talk to me, Chappy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back