• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 191: Which park are y'all playin basketball? Get me on the court and I'm trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my neighbor who died yesterday apparently was sitting on his stoop sometime during the night, fell forward and cracked his head on the steps. He was there for a number of hours until someone found him in the morning. Apparently they didn't move the body until around noon. My next door neighbor was telling my wife last night that a few years before we moved in he found his neighbor on the other side of him lying in the sidewalk in front of their house dead from a stabbing at the corner. He's lived in his house for 45 years and has defs seen some shit. Yesterday didn't faze him one bit even though he's known the deceased for decades.

So my neighbor who died yesterday apparently was sitting on his stoop sometime during the night, fell forward and cracked his head on the steps. He was there for a number of hours until someone found him in the morning. Apparently they didn't move the body until around noon. My next door neighbor was telling my wife last night that a few years before we moved in he found his neighbor on the other side of him lying in the sidewalk in front of their house dead from a stabbing at the corner. He's lived in his house for 45 years and has defs seen some shit. Yesterday didn't faze him one bit even though he's known the deceased for decades.

yeesh. does he live alone? sometimes when I get hurt inside my house, I wonder how long it would take for someone to notice and look for me if it was out cold or dead. I reliably show up for work, and a couple months ago my manager forgot/didn't know I had a morning dentist appointment or something, and was already calling me by like 9:00am. So I suppose someone would notice by mid-morning of the next work day.

Hopefully they'd realize before your cats ate you. Man would that suck.

Just another example of business as usual IN OUT NATION'S CAPITAL !

Last day of school for this guy. We have a half day and all my kids are giving me hugs and food and asking me to sign their yearbooks. Its really hitting me in the feels. I'm gonna miss (most of) them.

I want to know more about leebs' ghost and also her new housemates and the first night.

The ghost is benevolent; friend and I decided she channels us when we're fed up and feeling fat/have nothing to wear. basically, she's a girl. ghost.
New housemates: one wasn't around at all last night; the other works second shift and got home around 1215. That was actually perfect, because I was able to get totally unpacked and put things away and establish some space, do my grocery shopping, make a good list for things I still need at target, etc. Slept pretty well, but need to do something to raise my bed a little bit - it's weird being so low (IKEA bed frame, no box spring, I feel like a child).
Morning was fine, the roommate I share the bathroom with was the one who was gone, so there were no schedule issues there.

Is it just me or are people generally worse at responding to emails than they were like three years ago?

Wasn't really in the market for another vehicle, but a killer truck has presented itself to me. YOLO, right?

12057685-large.jpeg

You're damn right, YOLO.

YES.

yeesh. does he live alone? sometimes when I get hurt inside my house, I wonder how long it would take for someone to notice and look for me if it was out cold or dead. I reliably show up for work, and a couple months ago my manager forgot/didn't know I had a morning dentist appointment or something, and was already calling me by like 9:00am. So I suppose someone would notice by mid-morning of the next work day.
One of my staff in my last job passed away in his home and we were the ones to notice his absence, go to his house, call the police, etc. That's a tough role because HR actually told us to wait over the weekend, but we knew it wasn't like him and needed someone to check it out.

Is it just me or are people generally worse at responding to emails than they were like three years ago?

I get email responses more quickly than I get return phone calls. damn millennials are afraid to pick the phone up or something.

I got a pretty cool story about a lady that didn't pick up her kids from daycare so they called the neighbor who called the lady's male "friend" (she was married but husb. Deployed) who came over and found in her bedroom dead of stabbing. Funny coincidence though....he's the one that did it.

Probably fair. Texting has jumped it in hierarchy of #important personal communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back