• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been to Amsterdam or the Netherlands but I want to. pedestrian/bike friendly cities ftw.

Anyone here regularly commute by bike? In the summer time, the kids dig it when we pick them up on bikes (they ride in a bike trailer). I'm thinking about getting a cargo bike (long tail) so I can cruise around with them as we get into the warmer part of the year.

i only spent like 24 hours in Amsterdam and didn't get on a bike myself, but you gotta be a pretty confident cyclist (like me) to ride there

not sure i agree, way easier to bike through than most american bike friendly cities

roads are narrow, one way, complicated, and bumpy but cars cede to bikes

We rented a houseboat on a canal that came with some bikes. We mainly walked but did bike over to the museums. Pretty fun.

anyone have noise canceling headphones with a mic they like? i'm thinking for work.

Anyone here regularly commute by bike? In the summer time, the kids dig it when we pick them up on bikes (they ride in a bike trailer). I'm thinking about getting a cargo bike (long tail) so I can cruise around with them as we get into the warmer part of the year.

I did before we got switched to work-from-home permanently - about a 8 mile commute or so

great way to start the day

not sure i agree, way easier to bike through than most american bike friendly cities

roads are narrow, one way, complicated, and bumpy but cars cede to bikes

yeah, but also tons of other bikes, customs around riding on sidewalks that are much different

but the infrastructure is great -- I'm kinda spoiled by pretty good biking conditions here relative to other cities, especially in how flat it is

My wife was bombing a phone interview so badly just now that she kicked me out of the car and now I’m just aimlessly wandering around kohl’s.

kudos to her for trying to do a phone interview with you in the car

Chat Thread 2023: Has Anyone Ever Seen Biff and 2&2 In the Same Place?

One of my friends from Wake takes her kids around all the time in this bike, she loves it.

https://www.wired.com/review/urban-arrow-family/

anyone have noise canceling headphones with a mic they like? i'm thinking for work.

I've got a pair of Jabra 75t that seem to work fine. They're earbuds. I've used them on zoom without issue & also use them when I go for a run.

I do not but desire to do so eventually. The infrastructure here is pretty poor.

I spent 36 hours in Amsterdam back in 1999, but they were pretty memorable. Got there at 6 am one morning, immediately went to a coffee shop and got yoked, walked around, went to Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank's, went and got even stronger, walked around, met some friends for dinner, got so strong that I was hallucinating, yacked into a canal and then me and two friends found ourselves at what was billed as the largest rave in the world around midnight. There were like 200k people there in this massive warehouse complex and lots of weird shit happened. We met back up around noon to leave (I hadn't see either of my friends in maybe 6 or 7 hours) and I went to the train station and hopped on various trains with my eurail pass and just slept until having to meet up with the larger group in Den Haag later that night. Wife and I had plans to go a few years ago but her dad died right before we were supposed to leave and so we cancelled and never made it over there.

would not enjoy being strong in the anne frank house

I spent 36 hours in Amsterdam back in 1999, but they were pretty memorable. Got there at 6 am one morning, immediately went to a coffee shop and got yoked, walked around, went to Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank's, went and got even stronger, walked around, met some friends for dinner, got so strong that I was hallucinating, yacked into a canal and then me and two friends found ourselves at what was billed as the largest rave in the world around midnight. There were like 200k people there in this massive warehouse complex and lots of weird shit happened. We met back up around noon to leave (I hadn't see either of my friends in maybe 6 or 7 hours) and I went to the train station and hopped on various trains with my eurail pass and just slept until having to meet up with the larger group in Den Haag later that night. Wife and I had plans to go a few years ago but her dad died right before we were supposed to leave and so we cancelled and never made it over there.

You have to spin this as you didn't fall into a canal.

FYI, for those who don't go to the Tunnels. If you are near Walled Lake, MI and get vaccinated, you can get a free pre-rolled joint at the Green House Dispensary by showing your vaccination card.

And there we were, dancing together like God could never touch us. Ignorant of the future. Ignorant of COVID.

One of my friends from Wake takes her kids around all the time in this bike, she loves it.

https://www.wired.com/review/urban-arrow-family/

That's pretty cool. I've been looking at the RadWagon - most affordable option in that class. They seem to get pretty good reviews too.

We're in the middle of playing the 'renovate or move' game so I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do before buying a bike.

We bought an espresso machine early on in the pandemic and it’s been pretty great.

My 5yo just ate at least half a pound of New York Strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back