• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2024.2: Windy opines on exes

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw an OWG in a new SUV with a WF sticker and a NC license plate that just said WAKE. are you able to hold onto vanity plates and transfer them to newer cars because that seems like one that would not normally be available.

I’ve had some crazy individual weeks both in my banking career and in my software career but they were always around some singular event (major deadlines, go lives, etc). I call BS on people that say they work 60+ hours a week as the norm. They may be in the office that amount of time but half the day is spent fucking around, socializing, appearing to be busy. Generally because they don’t have anything rewarding outside of the office.

saw an OWG in a new SUV with a WF sticker and a NC license plate that just said WAKE. are you able to hold onto vanity plates and transfer them to newer cars because that seems like one that would not normally be available.
I'm pretty sure vanity plates are transferrable.

Re license plate, yes you are.
May Dad has had the same license plate since before I can remember (i.e. he's transferred it through probably 10 cars)
I've seen that WAKE license plate around town as well.

Yes.

I’ve had some crazy individual weeks both in my banking career and in my software career but they were always around some singular event (major deadlines, go lives, etc). I call BS on people that say they work 60+ hours a week as the norm. They may be in the office that amount of time but half the day is spent fucking around, socializing, appearing to be busy. Generally because they don’t have anything rewarding outside of the office.

It seems like there is a baseline question of how do you define work. Is it just being in the office? It’s not like the people trying to look busy and fucking around could just knock off and not show up except when they’re actually working.

I get paid based on what I bill and what I collect so it doesn’t matter if I spend 100 hours in the office per week if I’m not actually billing and collecting.

It seems like there is a baseline question of how do you define work. Is it just being in the office? It’s not like the people trying to look busy and fucking around could just knock off and not show up except when they’re actually working.

I get paid based on what I bill and what I collect so it doesn’t matter if I spend 100 hours in the office per week if I’m not actually billing and collecting.
A lot of my job outside the classroom is just standing around waiting for something to break or someone to get pissed off.

when i was in that Chief of Staff gig for the HEad of Global Sales...it was legit 14 hour days for a couple years. The time zone stuff was what drove it more than anything... But again for a long period of that it was very energizing for me. the last 6 mths were tough as a ton of personal stuff was taking place...which drove me into being a drunken twat who ALLEGEDLY said the wrong thing at a work event.

So yeah...i think for some people for periods of time it is absolutely believable and not unhealthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back