• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brasky and tsy, another thing to think about is the power requirements for everything you're trying to run. Check the label on the back of your tv for the wattage rating, and make sure the inverter you get is rated at least for that.

In anticipation of Looper, I watched Brick yesterday, which was one of the weirdest, most unique movies i've ever seen. Hardboiled detective movie complete with dialogue straight out of the Maltese Falcon, set in high school. It's on Netflix streaming. Definitely worth checking out.

Now I need to figure out how to catch Brothers Bloom, Rian Johnson's other movie. Also, I still think that dude looks like DV7. I don't care what you all say.

I always forget that my mom posts on here on occasion until I see one of her posts. Glad she doesn't read the chat thread or bro thread.

REALLY?

...who is she?
and yeah, my mom used to lurk like crazy on teh old boards, i don't know that she ever made the jump to these. it was always alarming when she'd call me to talk about something she read.

I don't care how gay it makes me, the first two Coldplay albums were so fucking good.

It sounds so fucking cliche, but it's so easy to fill in the gaps between "I wanna live in a wooden house" and "I used to rule the world." They went from this minimalist pop with simple lyrics and piano tunes to over produced synth-electro Brian Eno maximalist crap that doesn't make any sense. I know it's record label pressure and branching out and trying to make a bigger live sound and all that jazz, but it's so disappointing.

Yeah maybe but my experience with poorer families was that they were incredibly grateful and were very respectful of teachers. Although, most of the poor families I worked with were hispanic so I guess that could be a cultural differences.

I can see that. I don't work with a lot of Hispanic families/students currently, mostly just white and black.

Maybe Gwyneth's crazy ass is to blame. She has defs gone downhill since Margot Tenenbaum.

Brasky and tsy, another thing to think about is the power requirements for everything you're trying to run. Check the label on the back of your tv for the wattage rating, and make sure the inverter you get is rated at least for that.

Ours is a 750, but its a little overkill.

It sounds so fucking cliche, but it's so easy to fill in the gaps between "I wanna live in a wooden house" and "I used to rule the world." They went from this minimalist pop with simple lyrics and piano tunes to over produced synth-electro Brian Eno maximalist crap that doesn't make any sense. I know it's record label pressure and branching out and trying to make a bigger live sound and all that jazz, but it's so disappointing.

:werd:

Just now mopping and cleaning the guest bathroom from last weekend - someone pissed all over the floor.

Just now mopping and cleaning the guest bathroom from last weekend - someone pissed all over the floor.

:laugh: that's just what happens when you have a bunch of dudes staying/partying at your place.

:laugh: that's just what happens when you have a bunch of dudes staying/partying at your place.

I also haven't figured out the towel situation. Each guy had 2 towels. We had 4 guys staying with us. On Sunday, only 3 towels were used. So did someone use the same towel as someone else or did someone just now shower the time they were here (Friday through Sunday)?

I also haven't figured out the towel situation. Each guy had 2 towels. We had 4 guys staying with us. On Sunday, only 3 towels were used. So did someone use the same towel as someone else or did someone just now shower the time they were here (Friday through Sunday)?

The former probably happened on accident.

I have had a couple of occasions in the last couple of years where I have stayed at my friends' houses- these are two separate friends- and neither one of them had a washcloth for me to use in the shower. Am I supposed to just use my hands and the bar of soap? That ain't no shower I've ever grown up taking. What is wrong with these people?

I have had a couple of occasions in the last couple of years where I have stayed at my friends' houses- these are two separate friends- and neither one of them had a washcloth for me to use in the shower. Am I supposed to just use my hands and the bar of soap? That ain't no shower I've ever grown up taking. What is wrong with these people?

Each guy had a wash cloth but none of the wash clothes were used. Some people may just not use washcloths.

We've had the washcloth discussion before and I thought we figured out that African-Americans were more likely to use them than white folk.

P.S. Rented Brothers Bloom via Amazon on my roku. So far so good.

I don't typically use a wash cloth. Body wash + hands is good enough for me most days. I had one of those scratchy things for a little while but felt like it ended up grosser in a lot of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back