• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 75: oh snap get it get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, yesterday evening birdie was holding a yardstick like a sword and hitting my dog with it while screaming "back, you dirty rat!"

i really wish i could have recorded it. it was amazing.

She watch The Princess Bride lately?

i get called Carolyn all the time. (it's not my name) all. the. time. even by certain coworkers who i see on a daily basis, who i routinely correct. it's a huge pet peeve.

also, CT, find me a house to buy. i desperately need a second bedroom.

Happens alll of the time to me. I was speaking on the phone with someone recently and she emailed me right after and said "[real name] I am SO sorry! My officemate just told me I called you [wrong but similar name] 6 times in our conversation!!" I responded that at least she knew I was female...

I get Bruce a lot. It's understandable though.

And it makes me feel like
johnmcclane.jpg

Awesome dream last night (not involving sex Say Hey): I got to meet Pep Guardiola who was hanging in Winston-Salem, under the radar and surprised I recognized him; then Pep was checking out an ex of mine who was wearing this risque, backless past the small of her back, dark purple silky form fitting dress with no underwear (hot! damn she has a nice rack - fucked that one up); then I was suddenly at a wedding, sitting with this other fling I had a couple of years back, who was cuddling up to me in a pew, whispering sweet nothings in my ear, stroking my neck while we listened to her current boyfriend sing history's worst rendition of the national anthem.

Last edited:
i get called Carolyn all the time. (it's not my name) all. the. time. even by certain coworkers who i see on a daily basis, who i routinely correct. it's a huge pet peeve.

also, CT, find me a house to buy. i desperately need a second bedroom.

I have met people whose name is pronounced Carolyn, but is spelled like yours. Still, that's no excuse. Get your shit together, co-workers.

Can't get the interrobang, but got these gems by mashing buttons:

░ ╚ § █ ♠

I have met people whose name is pronounced Carolyn, but is spelled like yours. Still, that's no excuse. Get your shit together, co-workers.

really? well maybe this is why it happens all the time. i've never met a Caroline who's name was pronounced like Carolyn. usually it's older people who get it wrong. or people from like wisconsin randomly (the offending coworker is from there)

One thing I've learned to do is that when I address someone in a letter or email who I don't know, I address them by their first name, as opposed to last name. Had an experience a while back where I emailed someone with the first name Connie and addressed it to "Mrs. Lastname." Turns out this Connie was a dude (like an old school baseball manager), so he responded back to me with a butthurt "Mrs. SayHeyDeacLastname" (my first name is def not a girl's name, so it was intentional). So, from then on I send stuff addressed to people's first names, unless I'm positive of the recipient's sex. May be less formal, but I'd rather be less formal that get their sex wrong.

One thing I've learned to do is that when I address someone in a letter or email who I don't know, I address them by their first name, as opposed to last name. Had an experience a while back where I emailed someone with the first name Connie and addressed it to "Mrs. Lastname." Turns out this Connie was a dude (like an old school baseball manager), so he responded back to me with a butthurt "Mrs. SayHeyDeacLastname" (my first name is def not a girl's name, so it was intentional). So, from then on I send stuff addressed to people's first names, unless I'm positive of the recipient's sex. May be less formal, but I'd rather be less formal that get their sex wrong.

You don't want to get the sex wrong. Ends badly for all parties involved.

One of my contacts at a client calls me "Brain" 100% of the time, and I've worked with her for over 5 years. It drives me insane, since she should know damn well that it isn't my name since my name is in my sig line on every email I've ever sent her.

think i'm gonna hit the mall during lunch to start looking for sparkly cocktail dresses. two christmas parties next week, another the week after that and then it's almost new years! might be broke after this holiday party season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back