• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
tombstone is not that good

About every 10 years or so I'm inclined to revisit it because it has gotten kind of an extended viral shelf life. And every time I think the same thing-- a few good to great performances, but a lackluster film. The last part in particular seems so hurried and off. Wyatt Earp came out a year later and probably takes a bit too much time doing everything, plus it has the great nonactor Kevin Costner, but I'd probably still rather watch it.

Unforgiven is the obvious winner for the 90s winners.

Appaloosa and Open Range I enjoyed in the 2000s.

Agree on Appaloosa - and the new 3:10 to Yuma is also a good modern western

These Tombstone takes wouldn't be allowed in one of my chat threads

Assassination of Jesse James is the best Western of the 2000s.

Also there have been some pretty amazing meat pie westerns in the last decade.

1bf68aa9-a94e-42f0-aa28-40df7e588e82_text.gif

Last edited:
Cowboys Versus Aliens

/endthread

I was surprised that I enjoyed that one, actually.

Forgot about the 3:10 to Yuma remake and Assassination of Jesse James. Both were very good. The western genre just doesn't get old for me.

The Revenant and Hostiles are other good ones too, though The Revenant is more of a Mountain Man-ern.

We got some gnarly thunderstorms last night. Much needed

Assassination of Jesse James is the best Western of the 2000s.

Also there have been some pretty amazing meat pie westerns in the last decade.

No Country for Old Men would like a word with you. While the western movies of the early 2000's and 2010's were lackluster, they did give us Deadwood and Justified, so its a bit of a wash.

New England Seacoast towns as ranked by my southern wife:

1. Newburyport: "Wow this is really cute"
2. Portsmouth: "This is quaint"
3. Boston: "Kind of reminds me of New York"
4. Exeter: "This is nice"
5. Portland: There are so many hipsters here"

Yes, I did branch out and try local lagers and pilsners in Portland, they were fine. Dinner at Fore Street was amazing though.

No Country for Old Men would like a word with you. While the western movies of the early 2000's and 2010's were lackluster, they did give us Deadwood and Justified, so its a bit of a wash.

Don't forget Hell or High Water if we're including modern western takes.

Hateful Eight, Django, Wind River and the True Grit remake were all more modern westerns I enjoyed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back