• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Too much going on in my head.

And now me try workee and brain no help. Eating big bowl fruity pebbles instead of the work. Sleepy.

This has been happening to me way too frequently of late and I end up feeling like a zombie all day. Horrible.

I got up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Too much going on in my head.

And now me try workee and brain no help. Eating big bowl fruity pebbles instead of the work. Sleepy.

I'm convinced that high-achieving men have these times in their lives. It's just a phase within a chapter; usually when you really don't fucking need that shit (juts let me sleep, brain).

High school is where you decide whether you're going to prison or not.

It's earlier than that. :(

My last two weeks have been filled with sentencing hearings with dudes who fucking LOCKED IN destiny-wise to prison.

The bio-psychology that's being done in labs now is painting some seriously sad pictures about how Adverse Childhood Experiences fundamentally change how a person works. Like, most of my clients have an ACEs score higher than 5/10, which means their baseline cortisol levels are permanently higher than average.

If the journey to activating a fight/flight response is a 5 step walk, they live their fucking lives 2 steps ahead.

This one dude's dad was in prison from the time he was born, got out when the dude was 9 years old.

He got the the shit beat out of him every week until he turned 10. At that point, his dad was on the lamb, comes back to tell the kid, "you've got to be a man now." And then peace out for the rest of the kid's life.

So at 11, he's taking care of his 8 year old brother, stealing food and clothing to eat and have something to wear while mom shoots up the SNAP benefits. At 12, the neighborhood kids introduce him to weed to help him cope.

At 13, he realizes that he can put food on the table selling weed to other kids in school.

Drop out at 15. Catches his first felony before he turns 16. Father at 17.

By 22, he's the highest federal criminal history category. And I'm just like, "well, what the fuck did we expect?"

1. I could not name one movie from Edward Fornbraser or whatever that guy's name is. I have no idea who it is.
2. that sucks about Mako's walls
3. I got up at 4 today but i like it because it's quiet and there's no CONFUSION
4. knight glad you're back and sorry about the prison

My wife gets up at 5 AM, works 1-2 hours, does a yoga class and takes our dogs for a 2 mile walk before going to the office and working all day. I can’t even comprehend that.

It's earlier than that. :(

My last two weeks have been filled with sentencing hearings with dudes who fucking LOCKED IN destiny-wise to prison.

The bio-psychology that's being done in labs now is painting some seriously sad pictures about how Adverse Childhood Experiences fundamentally change how a person works. Like, most of my clients have an ACEs score higher than 5/10, which means their baseline cortisol levels are permanently higher than average.

If the journey to activating a fight/flight response is a 5 step walk, they live their fucking lives 2 steps ahead.

Nothing a can of white paint over the summer can't fix.

Same, was annoying cause I had to get up at 6 for a flight

My wife gets up at 5 AM, works 1-2 hours, does a yoga class and takes our dogs for a 2 mile walk before going to the office and working all day. I can’t even comprehend that.

you left out the part where she falls asleep on the sofa while you watch a show at 8:30pm

you left out the part where she falls asleep on the sofa while you watch a show at 8:30pm

Haha yeah she usually is lights out by probably 9:30 latest. Unlike me she sleeps like a rock which def helps.

Revisiting the topic of family, had a nice dinner with my mom, dad and brother last night. It’s def nice to see them pretty frequently. I hang out with my brother quite a bit but he has a weird work schedule at Whole Foods so sometimes tricky to coordinate.

I'm convinced that high-achieving men have these times in their lives. It's just a phase within a chapter; usually when you really don't fucking need that shit (juts let me sleep, brain).

I can verify that it is not just high-achieving men that go through this

I screwed up my neck somehow and was up a lot last night, but I’ve woken up around 4:30 every morning for the last week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back