• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 76: So if you really love Christmas, come on and let it snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that I have absolutely no fashion sense. I need a consultant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I want a warm place with cute girls near a university a could take a couple classes. Money isn't really an option but CA timing is harsh.

I do now. Ive lived by myself for the past four years, but I moved in with two of my friends from law school this week.

I lived by myself for 5 years before moving in with roommates again...

...good luck.

I hate that I have absolutely no fashion sense. I need a consultant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

You don't need a fashion consultant. What you need is to be comfortable with the fashion that you have. As long as you're confident in what you're wearing, nobody can take that away from you. Be yourself. Make it work.

Now if you're not comfortable with the fashion that you have, take a friend that you trust shopping with you, and don't be afraid to try on a bunch of different styles until you're comfortable. Be your best.

Haha thanks. I'm pretty laid-back so I think it will be fine on my end as long as I can escape to my room when I feel like being antisocial. I'm more worried about irritating one girl who is a bit more of a neat freak than I am, but she was living in a house with four other girls before this and sharing a bathroom with three, so this has got to be a huge step up for her.

Mostly I'm just glad that I'll have regular interaction with friends because my social life was nonexistent living in a new city like this.

Yea those have been my thoughts, the problem is I take up from the opening of Euro markets-close of NY. In california, that would be unfun.

Transition to the Asian markets both professionally and socially.

If I was gonna do that I'd move to Australia. Tons of opportunities there with the NZD and AUS being the two most risk on currencies and the Yen being the least off. I had a long post about this awhile ago. There was a period of arbitrage going on for a bit which most dolts where didn't understand. I made about $200k off that. I could talk about this all day. I'm supposed to speak on the television and refuse to send a normal looking picture of myself. One has both eyes closed, another I knew in an extra arm and there was an eye patch.

If I was gonna do that I'd move to Australia. Tons of opportunities there with the NZD and AUS being the two most risk on currencies and the Yen being the least off. I had a long post about this awhile ago. There was a period of arbitrage going on for a bit which most dolts where didn't understand. I made about $200k off that. I could talk about this all day. I'm supposed to speak on the television and refuse to send a normal looking picture of myself. One has both eyes closed, another I knew in an extra arm and there was an eye patch.

Take some of that savings and invest in my idea to transition indoor golf to the unites states markets.

http://lakeshorelinks.com/

Primarily used in Canada and the UK where the weather is bad, instead you put small centers in office/executive parks in places like Century City, downtown LA, and NYC where people are too busy to travel and play a full round and most junior execs can't afford to buyin to places like Riviera, but you can play a round on these in 45 minutes.

Toying with the idea of making it a club or not to get around liquor liscense. Have been on the phone with the distributors (also in Tornoto) and the people selling the equipment take you to the operators up there to get a sense of what works and doesn't. I.E. they pretty much have the business plan mapped out for you.

The equipment is expensive ($40,000-$50,000) but financable and has a 50% salvage value after X years. That's the only cost outside of rent, and in these markets especially in retail spots you can get all your TI's paid for and free rent for the first 3-6 months of the lease if not more. No other costs outside of the smoking hot girl you dress up in a visor and golf attire to serve drinks.

First venture is Risky, but once you create one successful business I think you can go from 1 store to 10 very quickly, and that's the upside.

I worked as a consultant for a PE firm for Indoor golf simulator several years ago and the tech is about 5 years away.

They had top am's including myself try it and said "Can you hit it through the screen." I ripped on through immediately.

The problem with this business idea is there's too much overhead, high vacancy and expensive repairs. Not to mention it isn't accurate until they get a real putting green in there.

Well the business is all about the technology, I had been planning to take some trips to the vendors to spend a day or two at each one seeing whether the technology was good enough to turn into an addiction.

From online research, there's literally NO site that honestly compares all the major vendors (absolut golf, HD golf, etc.) So you just have to try them all out.

Cool part about it is that you pretty much get free commissions on equipment sales, as all the club vendors will give you multiple trial sets for players to play with, at no cost to you. Them and drinks and a cool/executive hangout atmosphere will get you the drinks revenue.

There is an article in this month's Golf Digest about 4 Japanese men (of course) who have only played on these indoor golf simulators. They had established handicaps, and they got together to play their first real round of golf at The Old Course at St. Andrews. The article is told from the point of view of the caddie and is very amusing (like how they struggled to put a tee in the ground and balance the ball, or hit a bunker shot).

Last edited:
I don't know if you've ever been to century city, but man putting one of these places in one of the vacant retail spots would just slay it. You have a hundred thousand men all working in an area where the nearest golf course is either a 7 hour round on the most played golf course in the entire country, or requires a $300,000 deposit.

The first person to make an internet tablet that can turn user generated youtube type instructional videos to teach people how to play any song on the piano that's connected to a piano player system so that the keys depress to show the person how to do it is going to make tens of millions of dollars.

Can work with keyboard makers to fully integrate the system and play all the background music, turn on/off vocals, etc. and sell hardware as well. Name it the uPiano or something.

The technology is all there and there are systems that do it, but it only makes sense to put on Steinway's now, and hasn't taken the jump to creating the sheet music with it, or really letting users generate the content.

I love piano and would love to just learn to be able to learn songs that I both want to play and are current, and have quick and easy tutorials on how to do it, and its a service tons of parents would shell out monthly/or pay itunes prices for, etc.

I don't know if you've ever been to century city, but man putting one of these places in one of the vacant retail spots would just slay it. You have a hundred thousand men all working in an area where the nearest golf course is either a 7 hour round on the most played golf course in the entire country, or requires a $300,000 deposit.

I'd play it probs 2-3x a month

I'd play it probs 2-3x a month

Fairly sure there's a big vacant space on the ground floor of 1888 that might work, although sound is an issue there. Putting one where that auto club is at the corner of constellation or even where Craft is would be perfect and not have any sound issues. The craft building is actually for sale, and you can purchase it for I think about $1-1.4MM. I saw the listing. Collicho pissed off CAA by changing agencies and CAA got mad and told all its agents never to go there, so I think its either shutting down or has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back