• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 79: where pit girls mspaint pics of their nekkid bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philly is such a shit city. Why anyone would chose it over NYC, Boston, or DC mystifies me.

Chicago may be the exception, but the neighborhoods are notoriously small and well-defined. I get corrected by people all the time ("I was up at a bar on Belmont in Lincoln Park" "BELMONT? That's Lakeview, bro. It's one block north of Lincoln Park.")

New Yorkers are particularly well-know for this, as well.

I'm probably getting exaggerated reports on its lack of safety from the gf's parents (who didn't think the gf was living in a safe area when she moved to South Slope, a ridic yuppie neighborhood), but there was a crime presentation they gave prospective students that I found strange. I agree it's a beautiful campus.

I'm probably getting exaggerated reports on its lack of safety from the gf's parents (who didn't think the gf was living in a safe area when she moved to South Slope, a ridic yuppie neighborhood), but there was a crime presentation they gave prospective students that I found strange. I agree it's a beautiful campus.

Yeah, it's like my gf's mom's view about crime in Cincinnati.

Lolwut? The area by Penn is one of the worst in the city. Easily the most crime. Straight ghetto, brasky.

Are you thinking of Manayunk?

Possibly. I guess it wasn't directly beside UPenn. I was on the blue line train and then took a trolley through some dicey neighborhoods. His neighborhood wasn't bad at all, but definitely appeared to be recently gentrified.

Oh, also wakephan I lived in West Campus when i was in Austin. I was subletting a place from some undergrad.

Kinda wanna check out Brooklyn College.

You should. It's a great program and a beautiful campus. Unlike other MFA programs in the city, it's actually somewhat affordable to live here as a student. I live a few blocks away and the area is great.

What program would it be? MFA? For a while you were looking at Columbia College, I think.

Yup MFA. SAIC was a way more attractive choice than Columbia College. The big upside of Columbia College was that Dr McNally, my mentor at Wake, was former faculty there, and he hooked me up with an interview with the director of admissions and chair of the program. The two schools are pretty close to each other, but SAIC has this incredible open curriculum program where I could also do museum studies and a bunch of other stuff that really interests me.

How many posters are there that read the CT and just don't post? Does BKF know about itk's tabes (he'd probably find a way to bitch about them)? Does FYC know about Townie's lyrics that he posts? I think it's more than we think.

I'm such an idiot for not starting Denver's defense.

Yes. I've been to all those cities and would rather live in San Diego. Not sure if I would want to live in the 305.

Then again, I'm a beach person.

Yup MFA. SAIC was a way more attractive choice than Columbia College. The big upside of Columbia College was that Dr McNally, my mentor at Wake, was former faculty there, and he hooked me up with an interview with the director of admissions and chair of the program. The two schools are pretty close to each other, but SAIC has this incredible open curriculum program where I could also do museum studies and a bunch of other stuff that really interests me.

Sounds awesome. And museum studies, you say? That's my bag.

Oh, also wakephan I lived in West Campus when i was in Austin. I was subletting a place from some undergrad.

That would be such a clown place to live during the school year, but so fun in the summer. It is outrageously over-priced and shitty though. You going home for Christmas? You should pop down here. My buddy from high school (Hamrick) is going to be down for a day or two.

Never been to Boston.

Chicago and New York are tossups for best city to me, with Philly and DC just below. L.A. and Miami didn't do it for me, aside from sick weather. I even like Pittsburgh more. Talk about an underrated city. Great art/food city. Plus PNC park is so awesome.

Austin is on deck next year for ACL. I'm quite positive I'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back