• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 90: Typing with purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDawg

Reaction score
Bypassing the typical various quotes for now

speaking of girl talk... is it weird to ask for curtains/drapes in a housing offer? my mom thinks i should....

You definitely should. Even if you don't want them you'll at least have something on your windows when you move in. it's also a decent bargaining position to ask for everything and then chip away from it on price concessions. So ask for the fridge, window treatments, any mirrors that aren't completely attached, bath mats, lawnmower, washer and dryer, whatever. Your realtor may advise against it, but tell him to go to hell, he works for you.

TW with the lock before I could post my gif. That was some quick ish.

Okay, question time as promised:

You can switch places with an actor/actress in one scene- which actor/actress in which scene do you chose? Just the scene not the movie.

Well-done, jdawg!

bugsbunny.jpg

You definitely should. Even if you don't want them you'll at least have something on your windows when you move in. it's also a decent bargaining position to ask for everything and then chip away from it on price concessions. So ask for the fridge, window treatments, any mirrors that aren't completely attached, bath mats, lawnmower, washer and dryer, whatever. Your realtor may advise against it, but tell him to go to hell, he works for you.

yeah i was already definitely asking for fridge, washer/dryer, mirrors, possibly the living room rug, and now i guess the window treatments (the whole house is adorable, i wish i could just ask for it furnished as is!). and also closing costs. so we'll seeeeeeeeeeee!

wfudkn: Lol. Can't you just take it the next time you are over there without making a big deal of it?

I don't get home very often and when I do I keep forgetting. I will rescue it!

I think calling anything window treaments is endlessly funny.

My parents put an offer on a place last year with the requirement that it come with the model furniture (it was being sold by the developer), and the seller took it. You never know what you can get until you ask.

I never even though about asking for that kind of stuff when closing. It seems strange to me to ask for smallish accessories but I guess it's pretty common!

I was actually thinking of making the switch to the carrot slices

We got all the curtain rods and some of the window treatments to stay, though we didn't get that mirror (and that mirror was awesome) of course they also left us stuff we didn't ask for (like some weights I sold on craigslist for $120)

baby carrots are an economic and environmental disaster.

We got all the curtain rods and some of the window treatments to stay, though we didn't get that mirror (and that mirror was awesome) of course they also left us stuff we didn't ask for (like some weights I sold on craigslist for $120)

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back