• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 98 - There should be naptime built into the workday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Modern Family is great.
2. wtf Magic the Gathering cards are worth money and people have tournaments? wow.
3. pollen is evil

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

I mean I knew people had tournaments when we were kids (I've never played in my life), but didn't expect that adults still did. of all the adults to still play, though, not shocked it's palma.

Hoops: I think you passed the insomnia to me ;).

Actually it is probably my decongestant.

I've been taking Zzquil recently and I have to say, that I'm a big fan. I sleep through the night and have vivid dreams.

The birthday thread made.me realize that its my half birthday (which I don't think is a real thing) and that I turn 30 six months from today.

It's definitely a real thing. My 2/3 Birthday is next Wednesday and I'm getting wasted at a professional association dinner in the hospitality suite that we're hosting.

to celebrate, me and my two friends are meeting up for an unlimited mimosa workday brunch. this may or may not be a good decision. good thing i only have one 30 minute meeting afterward!

So I was playing Call of Duty a few weeks ago and somebody had this song playing over their mic:

I still can't get it out of my head.

2. wtf Magic the Gathering cards are worth money and people have tournaments? wow.

It is the original trading card game and millions of people play, so I'm not sure why it's surprising (of course :geek: HTTD played in middle school and knows this stuff). They used to show Magic tournaments on ESPN in the 90's.

There are enough people in the world with varied interests, that you can be sure there are tournaments, conventions, and money involved with every game or sport that exists.

Palma, if I ever write an OGBoards will*, I will bequeath you my Magic cards. They've got a decade's worth of dust on them, but they're probably worth some money.

*I won't, so don't get your hopes up.

The upside is that women start getting better control over their bodies by age 26 as they enter their sexual prime.

It is the original trading card game and millions of people play, so I'm not sure why it's surprising (of course :geek: HTTD played in middle school and knows this stuff). They used to show Magic tournaments on ESPN in the 90's.

There are enough people in the world with varied interests, that you can be sure there are tournaments, conventions, and money involved with every game or sport that exists.

I think of Magic cards the same as Pokemon cards, since we sold them right next to each other at the toy store I worked at back in the day. Something nerdy boys collected between the ages of 8-15, and I figured it went out of style a long time ago. Apparently it is more than that because you don't have tournaments for collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back