• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5yo just projectile yarfed all over the back seat just as we were about to drop her off at school. So now I am the proverbial prisoner waiting at the steps of the gallows as I await the stomach bug.

OH man, so weak.

Wash your hands people. There’s a nasty stomach virus going around.

Charleston was awesome btw. Outside of Hall's, which was one of the top 3 meals I've ever had, the best meal I had was shrimp at Shem's Creek yesterday. Interestingly enough, the best time that we had at the bar was just people watching at this little coffee/beer garden called Kudu coffee and craft beer right outside of the COC, although the views at the rooftop bars at the Vendue and the Dewberry were amazing. We basically spent 3 days drinking and wandering around looking at houses and churches. Weather sucked, but we had a great time. The only real drawback was worrying that I was going to shit myself on every morning jog based on all the alcohol and rich ass food working its way through my lower intestine, but all in all, great trip and great city.

that's another school on my son's list. And another school where I'm not seeing sufficient value in the education to justify the extra $30k/year of expense.

that's another school on my son's list. And another school where I'm not seeing sufficient value in the education to justify the extra $30k/year of expense.

It has a beautiful campus, but dear god, I can't imagine how much rent would be within walking distance, and parking might be worse.

Charleston was awesome btw. Outside of Hall's, which was one of the top 3 meals I've ever had, the best meal I had was shrimp at Shem's Creek yesterday. Interestingly enough, the best time that we had at the bar was just people watching at this little coffee/beer garden called Kudu coffee and craft beer right outside of the COC, although the views at the rooftop bars at the Vendue and the Dewberry were amazing. We basically spent 3 days drinking and wandering around looking at houses and churches. Weather sucked, but we had a great time. The only real drawback was worrying that I was going to shit myself on every morning jog based on all the alcohol and rich ass food working its way through my lower intestine, but all in all, great trip and great city.

Kudu was my favorite coffee shop when I lived there. My wife and I have about 20 days between our birthdays, so we rented the place out in the evening for our 30th birthday party and had an oyster roast and bluegrass band on the patio. Fucking awesome party.

I loved the Chuck. Lived there for a year when I was 23 and it was awesome. My family has a beachfront house rented on Folly for the week of July 4th and I cannot wait to go. If I ever win the Powerball (which I never play) I'm buying a place on Sullivan's and going full burnout mode.

When I moved down there after college I couldn't believe how "great" C of C was. Its like 80-20 girls, centrally located in Charleston, and there are awesome bars and party spots all around campus. I was always going to be public school filth and had no desire to attend a smaller private school, but if you're going to spend $50K/year on an average liberal arts education College of Charleston seems like a fun place to do it. Like why would you ever pay to go to Elon with you could go to C of C?

CoC is actually public, which shocked me when I learned that. I had a couple of younger cousins from SC go there recently, one for undergrad & one for med school (technically MUSC in Charleston). Their places were awesome but incredibly pricey, but they were able to walk everywhere they wanted to gave except for maybe the grocery store. But that campus is gorgeous.

i enjoy hanging out in the west village in springtime

grilled in the courtyard last night, my 6 mo old son and 3 mo old nephew hung out on a blanket and yelled gibberish at each other

take nice long walks on the west side highway every day

nice life

My brother is super smart but terribly undisciplined. He wanted to go to CofC and my parents were like “fuck no” and said he could go to UNCW. He was asked not to return after 2 years. My parents are smart.

ExFUtU9VoAIIkZt

i enjoy hanging out in the west village in springtime

grilled in the courtyard last night, my 6 mo old son and 3 mo old nephew hung out on a blanket and yelled gibberish at each other

infant communication is fascinating

CoC is actually public, which shocked me when I learned that. I had a couple of younger cousins from SC go there recently, one for undergrad & one for med school (technically MUSC in Charleston). Their places were awesome but incredibly pricey, but they were able to walk everywhere they wanted to gave except for maybe the grocery store. But that campus is gorgeous.

CofC is public? Wow I did not know that.

Where did you go on Shem? Saltwater Cowboys?

It has a beautiful campus, but dear god, I can't imagine how much rent would be within walking distance, and parking might be worse.

Rent within 20 minute walking distance of CofC is probably $800-900 a month with multiple roommates at the absolute cheapest. So yeah, probably not fun to pay for someone in college

damn sounds like Charleston real estate is expensive

even though i know you use MM for millions, I still use $nM for n million dollars because it just looks better and people know what I mean

Wake Forest charges $1,000 a month per student for a double room (utilities and shared bathroom included).

Where did you go on Shem? Saltwater Cowboys?

Nah, we ate at Red's and it was amazing. Saltwater better? We honestly may stay in Shem sometime. The hotel prices are so low, and it looks like a pretty fun place to be.

Rent within 20 minute walking distance of CofC is probably $800-900 a month with multiple roommates at the absolute cheapest. So yeah, probably not fun to pay for someone in college

I was kinda taken aback with the location of public housing in relation to houses that were obviously worth multiple millions of dollars honestly. Good on you, Charleston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back