• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLV - Where TK reimagines Tom Sizemore as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a favorite song, but when someone asks, I say MJ's "Remember the time." That video was rad as fuck back in the 90s.

You familiar with this iconic Twitter thread?

You familiar with this iconic Twitter thread?

this was great

i confess that my sirius radio spends too much time on Blend, 70s-2k, and a quick drive by of YACHT ROCK

although i do have some metal and rock, plus some terrible U2 channel saved

There are three songs that have consistently stayed in my top five over the last 20+ years:

“Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys
“It Was a Good Day” by Ice Cube
“Black Water” by The Doobie Brothers

If forced to pick one, it’s probably Ice Cube.

For surprise workout songs it is probably any one of the SAULT songs or “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield which is so goddamn sappy but I can’t help myself.

i always just assumed that was some alanis morrisette song that I had missed in 1997

surprised no one has mentioned Scatman

I'm pretty sure I have my kids convinced that Scatman John was a worldwide superstar on the level of Michael Jackson & the Beatles.

I play that song constantly and it always ends up in the kids dancing around the house.

"Oh SHIT... Dad put on Scatman again!!!"

dave-chappelle-show-robot.gif

first time starting work at 8:30 in like a year and a half. Man, it's not even 11 yet?

Barca/Cookout/others - where should we try to go eat with a party of 8 guys in Asheville for a bachelor party on Saturday night? Staying in a cabin down near Biltmore Park but planning to spend most of Saturday at breweries downtown, so near either location could work. Definitely somewhere casual.

Also, from my memory, Green Man, Catawba, and Asheville all have solid TV situations. Any other breweries downtown (or other areas all together) we should consider for prime TV viewing options?

The Frozen Man by James Taylor or Turtles all the Way Down by Sturgill Simpson.
Whoa, that JT tune was my favorite song growing up. Even called in to one of his live shows to request it but didn't get through.

New Moon Shine is a great record

Barca/Cookout/others - where should we try to go eat with a party of 8 guys in Asheville for a bachelor party on Saturday night? Staying in a cabin down near Biltmore Park but planning to spend most of Saturday at breweries downtown, so near either location could work. Definitely somewhere casual.

Also, from my memory, Green Man, Catawba, and Asheville all have solid TV situations. Any other breweries downtown (or other areas all together) we should consider for prime TV viewing options?

Forestry Camp (Burial's production brewery) could be an option for Friday. They have casual tables and stuff outdoors downstairs and a more formal restaurant upstairs. Sierra Nevada, but you would need a res and I'm not sure how big of a party they are taking in the taproom. Hillman in Biltmore Village is another good option (literally around the corner from Forestry Camp, so could hit both). Smoky Park Supper Club by the river. Buxton Hall has reopened for dine-in. Catawba next door to them has a lot of TVs.

Rabbit Rabbit has been showing games on their big screen, so you could check with them (owned by Asheville Brewing and next door to their downtown location). Juicy Lucy's has tons of TVs and lots of local beers on tap with pretty good food.

Probably a lot more options I'm blanking on.

I was going to suggest the Wild Wing Café on Biltmore Avenue but it looks like they closed a month ago and the owner is going to open his own concept there. That was a good place to watch a game and he did a good job with the wings. Good guy too.

There is a Wild Wing on Long Shoals just down from Biltmore Park. Just curious where exactly a cabin would be around there...it's about as suburby as Asheville gets around there. Used to live in apts just across from BP and worked there up until earlier this year.

Yeah, that other Wild Wing on Lake Julian used to be The Boathouse (same group as The Boathouse at IOP) until a fire shut them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back