• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
was defs way more into C&H and Far Side

Is Religion discussion allowed on the CT or is there another thread? The wife and I have not settled on what religion to christen the boys. If its Catholic then none of my siblings can be god parents, and if they are not Catholic then her family will pretty much stop talking to her. The Greeks are a little more understanding and not as exclusive.

(I have simplified the theological discussion for the sake of the thread, only like 3 people care here about the Great Schism)

That and baby Riley Skinner is colic-y as all get out and baby Tanner Price is super chill. My sleep is all messed up and I think I broke my toe last night during one of the feedings.

Oh shit, I missed this post. So is it Catholic / Greek Orthodox?

My wife was Catholic (her father). Catholic church, among other things, wouldn't let her get married outside. That caused my wife to go Greek Orthodox (her mother). I'm p much an atheist (but raised Lutheran - which is funny because to the Catholics, that's basically the same thing). So in the end, we got married by a Presbyterian minister. The Greek church was willing to recognize that.

A Greek priest baptized all four of my kids, the fallout on the Catholic side of the family has been minimal. I just paid the man and shook his hand like, "thanks for the voodoo stuff, bro."

Just a heads up on the Greek thing though - if you go to a Greek Orthodox church, prepare yourself to NEVER be accepted as more than trash. If you attend a mixed Orthodox church, you can probably blend in ok. Unless you're the Greek and she's the Catholic. Then you don't have anything to worry about, because she's a woman and she's going to judged and looked down on by the other women in the church regardless.

i never understood who Peanuts (the comic strip) was "for".

kids? adults?

Read Peanuts comics or books to your kids. They will laugh. Like, a lot.

Just the sight of woodstock sends my 4 year old into hysterics. Add the little i|iii|||| speech as, "meee mee meeepp" and it's all over.

Martin Luther would 100% be Qanon today

I still have 4 Calvin and Hobbes books and I gave them to my daughter and loves them.

hard not to advise "fuck em" to timmyc here

but family is hard -- no good advice, hope you find peace with it

good time to revisit one of my favorite Batshit Things That Actually Happened:

Münster rebellion

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast episode on the event is one of his best

I had a cat that was named Mr. Meowzers, until he went finished law school and became Hugh Meowzers, Attorney at Claw. I also had a cat named Ferris Mewler.

Now I’m not sure if my parents qualify or not. My dad does as he was born and raised Catholic. My mom converted when I was in middle school and would qualify but if godparents are married they have to be married “by the Church”.

My parents had both a Methodist minister and a Catholic priest at their wedding inside a Methodist church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back