• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the cons of living as an ex pat in like costa rica or somewhere for like 500 a month. Especially true if you have like zero savings and living solely on social security. Is it just because you’re an old white racist that you don’t make the jump? I guess access to family is the biggest con but can’t think of much else.

20211117_120329.jpg

paddy stacks ripped it last night

was worried it'd be a bad trip but the mans brought the heat

I do a tiny bit of work and the CT goes crazy. Gonna save some responses for the next one.

because humans treat humans like humans treat hogs
they get used up, carved up, and fried in a pan
but I wasn’t born to die like a dog
I was born to die just like a man

my friend's dad just moved to Costa Rica

presumably proximity to friends and family is the main reason most don't

What are the cons of living as an ex pat in like costa rica or somewhere for like 500 a month. Especially true if you have like zero savings and living solely on social security. Is it just because you’re an old white racist that you don’t make the jump? I guess access to family is the biggest con but can’t think of much else.

i have a buddy who was living & working in denver. his company now lets him WFH full time so he's just been bouncing around south america. living like royalty.

my manager at my old company lived for a few years in CR teaching yoga at some retreat or something. she always talked wistfully of the ex-pat community there but I think they moved back because they had young kids and wanted them going to school in the US.

Seems like I could retire now and live there. I’ll wait for Palma to make the jump and see how it goes.

palma is going to cut out eating at restaurants so he can move sooner. proud of him.

Palma, Not to tempt you even more and combine the move with a reckless financial decision but I believe there are a significant number of silver mines in Costa Rica, maybe one that could be bought.

Speaking of dining out, we made random plans to go to hibachi tonight and I’m pumped. Preparing to feast.

Thailand is closed to foreigners owning property but my wife can get some. I just have to leave the country like for a day once every 100 days or something. Definitely some crazy views possible out there, and would probably be my ex-pat destination.

Yeah, I'd definitely move to CR and lead bird tours or something...once my kids are out of college.

...still generally avoiding restaurants. And not drinking alcohol or eating sweets since April. Down 25 pounds. Saving some money, too.

#findingotherpleasures

Speaking of dining out, we made random plans to go to hibachi tonight and I’m pumped. Preparing to feast.

There was a time in my life where I thought Hibachi was the pinnacle of dining. That spot in Winston was my Freshman year date spot

did korean bbq and karaoke for my b day on Sunday and it was monte

good meat every now and then hits the spot

Was looking at Hawaii for my 10 days off between Christmas-New Years. $1,000/night hotel rooms. Looked at Maldives, $5,000/night. Nope Nope Nope. Now we're looking at Boston/NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back