• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this apartment building listing includes a 900sf 3BR/2BA place and that sounds impossible

Third mouse just now. Little bastard was trotting right at me so I slapped it against the wall with a shoe and now he’s outside. Must be a litter of these assholes.

I try to tip around 25% but it irks me when at a nice meal how much more the tip would be just based on wine bottle cost when there's no different labor involved between a $40 and $80 bottle.

this apartment building listing includes a 900sf 3BR/2BA place and that sounds impossible

we saw a place like that when we were house hunting and actually put an offer in. the kitchen was a postage stamp, and two of the bedrooms were really tiny too.

ETA just looked and it was more like 1100 sf

makes sense if you're in an urban area, maybe, but this is in freaking Battle Creek, Michigan

I feel like I’ve been fucked over by my wife letting the waiter recommend the bottle/glass. Really the reason that alcohol should be excluded from the tip.

I try to tip around 25% but it irks me when at a nice meal how much more the tip would be just based on wine bottle cost when there's no different labor involved between a $40 and $80 bottle.

I usually tip 18% to 20%. There a couple of schools of though on wine tipping. Some say that you tip less on a high priced bottle of wine because the labor is the same, but others say if you can't afford the tip, you can't afford the wine.

If I ever saw a snake inside my house I would immediately put it on the market.

You could bring your own wine and pay the corkage fee if you must have wine. I’ve done that. Who cares about getting the side-eye, I have nothing to prove to the judgy waitstaff and other Kareny patrons.

You could bring your own wine and pay the corkage fee if you must have wine. I’ve done that. Who cares about getting the side-eye, I have nothing to prove to the judgy waitstaff and other Kareny patrons.

BYOB places in Philly and Montreal are great. We went to this one in Montreal that was a 3 (or was it 4?) course prix fixe and they put your white wine in a bucket on ice and put your red in decanters.

Yeah for sure but it’s pretty much how fucking stupid tipping is in general, just pay people. With the thought of what labor went into pouring the 10 dollar glass compared to the 30 dollar glass. Especially in comparison to the 15 dollar craft cocktail that required actual effort, or even more so the 8 dollar mojito the guy spent crushing mint leaves for 10 minutes like he was making you herbal medicine.

My wife found a rat snake this summer in the wall insulation next to the door frame of the bonus room attic/crawl space thing.

Even more fun because she only saw it after entering that room, meaning it could have dropped down on her as she went though the door frame and then to get back past it she had to yet again go underneath it.

Still would rather have a snake posting up in a semi-room like that rather than this mouse army.

The 6yo has a 4 foot long blacksnake in her room right now that she caught this summer and refuses to let go so I guess it’s wintering with us this year. She’s tamed it up enough to where it just runs free through the house as often as it stays in its aquarium.

more good commentary on that music consolidation thread

The service is so much better at a place where you’d order expensive wine. We went to Jules Verne last week and the service was unbelievably good; I didn’t even worry about wine price inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back