• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - kory, we miss you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work Pet Peeve:
My employees who block off "Lunch" on their calendar. You're a Salary + Commission professional sales rep who WORKS FROM HOME. Talk 10 minutes walk to the Kitchen make a sandwich and get back on whatever call you need to be on.
Blocking lunch on your calendar. GTFOH.
Windy hates work life balance

Defined breaks from work are good, actually.

I block off lunch so my coworkers will expect that I'm not at my keyboard and I can go on a walk or something to reset my brain before the afternoon.
I had an 8 am meeting this morning, so when I pulled up to daycare I slowed down and pushed my kids out of the car to make sure I got back home in time. #capitalism

Once again, we have like 15 producers in our company and the ones in my office leave at like 11 every Friday, which is completely fine because they're crushing it. Just hit your targets and do whatever the hell you want.

not at all... i just expect people to get their work done and not make a production of when they are not working. If you can make your number in 20 hrs a week do it..
Is blocking off time on the calendar to make sure you have uninterrupted non-screen/meeting time really making a production of it? Seems like it is setting clear boundaries and expectations in a way that is visible in a remote first/async culture?

I go on DND on 8x8 when I'm at lunch, but I'm in a customer service role, and have a set 1-2 lunch time every day.

I do not put an OOO up for an email/voicemail though.

TIL I'm being performative when I put my vacations on the calendar so people know I'm OOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back