• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn my wife just went right in and asked for a $45k raise and they gave her $40k. Pretty pumper for her (and for me). I’ve never actually asked for a raise but feel like maybe I should now.

I spent like 3 hours going through and cancelling some unused streaming services and I might save like $30/month. Dunno if swapping from YTTV to Disney + Hulu TV is worth it.

Bad look for San Diego.

I spent like 3 hours going through and cancelling some unused streaming services and I might save like $30/month. Dunno if swapping from YTTV to Disney + Hulu TV is worth it.

We need to go through this exercise. Cut the cord to save money and get away from Spectrum and have subsequently acquired basically every streaming service and are now paying way more money.

a 40k raise?

wat

Yah she don’t fuck around. She’s also running an important function and the company is growing fast so lots of leverage. When she came in a year ago she was pretty unproven but has really delivered and was ready to go to bat.

We need to go through this exercise. Cut the cord to save money and get away from Spectrum and have subsequently acquired basically every streaming service and are now paying way more money.

Got rid of
Showtime (No longer watching Billions)
Discovery + (was some free promotion with something that wore off)
Peacock (Was free but now that you can apply AMEX Plat credit to disney bundle is now just a waste except for nostalgia WWE trips)
Ad free Hulu (since barely watch but have as part of disney bundle)
NY Times
Nintendo Online
XBox Game Pass (I buy all the good games anyways and am a million behind)

Can keep HBO Max and Disney + as they're the most used, and are free with various things like AT&T in the case of HBO and/or AMEX Platinum in the case of Disney. No real way to save on Netflix

Wife is switching form Verizon to T-Mobile to chop off another $30. Will get to around $100/mo if we drop the Sirius.

Paramount plus I can't find the login to kill it. Thinking about Sirius XM since I personally don't drive much.

Last edited:
Damn my wife just went right in and asked for a $45k raise and they gave her $40k. Pretty pumper for her (and for me). I’ve never actually asked for a raise but feel like maybe I should now.

that's fucking wild

i've been debating whether i've been in my job long enough to ask for a bump-- on the one hand it's only been 5 months (one of which i was in europe for, even), but on the other hand i'm doing wayyyy more work than i signed up for, set up a bunch of reporting infrastructure for my team right out of the gate, and i've made a bunch of significant quantifiable monetary impacts for the company already

i dunno. will probably wait to have that conversation but it's been on my mind

Yeah now that Stranger Things is donezo Netflix is gone until the final season.

Unfortunately at the rate we’re currently watching (like 1 hr a night) it will take like 2 weeks to finish s4. Those eps are long as hell!

that's fucking wild

i've been debating whether i've been in my job long enough to ask for a bump-- on the one hand it's only been 5 months (one of which i was in europe for, even), but on the other hand i'm doing wayyyy more work than i signed up for, set up a bunch of reporting infrastructure for my team right out of the gate, and i've made a bunch of significant quantifiable monetary impacts for the company already

i dunno. will probably wait to have that conversation but it's been on my mind

Do you get a semi-annual or midyear or 6 month performance review? If so, perfect time to bring up compensation for the added value you bring.

Do you get a semi-annual or midyear or 6 month performance review? If so, perfect time to bring up compensation for the added value you bring.

yeah, midyear process is going on right now. need to do my self-review actually, haven't gotten to it yet

Frog-the-vibe-is-in-shambles-2022-shirt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back