• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volunteer gets free food, no taxes. This is not exploitation. Now, if they make you buy a uniform, the deal is not as good.

Talkin' fruit: I don't know if Harris Teeter or Driscolls has stepped up their game, but the grocery store strawberries over the past couple months have gone from a 4/10 to an 8/10. Extremely noticeable improvement in quality, ripeness uniformity, and taste. Though I've seen some of their fields in CA, and I shutter to think how much water they use.

CFA has a non-profit foundation. Perhaps they roll up under that.

It's true that non-profits may use unpaid volunteers, but having people hand out sandwiches at an individual store doesn't seem like a legitimate function for the CFA nonprofit.

i mean, if an entree is a full combo that actually does come out to quite a bit in compensation, cheaper to "volunteer" for an hour and feed ur family than work an hour and pay for the equivalent meals right?

This is an example of why lawyers have to use a lot of words when fewer words should suffice - and why most lawyers are stressed-out asses. Why would an "entree" be a "full combo"? An entree is an entree - which would pretty clearly be understood to mean an item, not a combo. And their menu will also make it clear that an entree is the sandwich - the combo includes the sandwich, side and drink.

i mean, your logic is sound if you want CFA to circumvent employee protections, payroll taxes and worker's compensation protection

meh, it's a win for folks who already eat chikfila and don't want to actually be employed for more than an hour or maybe two a week

Volunteer gets free food, no taxes. This is not exploitation. Now, if they make you buy a uniform, the deal is not as good.

Yeah, I mean, these people really should have a constitutional right to enter into whatever contracts they want.

This is an example of why lawyers have to use a lot of words when fewer words should suffice - and why most lawyers are stressed-out asses. Why would an "entree" be a "full combo"? An entree is an entree - which would pretty clearly be understood to mean an item, not a combo. And their menu will also make it clear that an entree is the sandwich - the combo includes the sandwich, side and drink.
yeah i just assumed they would be ok giving these volunteers an actual meal including side/drink, but looking at the menu you're most likely right and its just the item

less good, so only up to a 25-30 value

Hey, I'm offended by this. I'm not stressed out.

if a "volunteer" steps off the curb wrong and breaks their hip while working this hour who is at fault

board lawyers now is your chance to mansplain

this is why new chikfilas have a curb-less design and walk out doors instead of old fashioned drive-throughs

i'm assuming they'd carry some sort of insurance to cover this situation for volunteers though

lets not act like part time employees (which is the majority of them) at chikfila get a ton of amazing protections and health insurance that these volunteers are missing out on

this chikfila aint too far away from me haha, gotta go volunteer to support my kid's chikfila habit

Talkin' fruit: I don't know if Harris Teeter or Driscolls has stepped up their game, but the grocery store strawberries over the past couple months have gone from a 4/10 to an 8/10. Extremely noticeable improvement in quality, ripeness uniformity, and taste. Though I've seen some of their fields in CA, and I shutter to think how much water they use.

My son loves raspberries but we had to stop buying the Driscolls ones at Ingles because they’d get mold after like a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back