• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is conference day, where I paid and by that I mean you the tax payers paid for me to not have time to really attend and now just have people talk in the background like it’s financial news. Virtual conferences are absolutely pointless and I hate them so so much. Usually conference talks are already pretty outdated and pointless, its just an excuse to bullshit with colleagues, drink, and talk collaborations. Now that’s it’s all online my god it’s the worst.

My favorite conference was the one where they live streamed the whole thing on TVs in the room.

I’m going next month to Vegas for one but will need to work while I’m there.

That was the boards at its best, better times.

Yeah pretty amazing that a couple bros sent dick pics to a stranger and the results of the cock-off were shared with hundreds of other internet strangers. Gotta hand it to those fellas, it takes some big ole balls to share dick pics

just finished up a week of Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease with my 23 month old. fucking grim shit, guys. poor kiddo was miserable.

just waiting for the older one to break out here in the next day or two

It's it really bad for the whole week, or do meds knock down the bad symptoms after a few days? My wife and I were just talking about it this morning because we've heard there's a lot of it going around and our daughter has a playdate with a couple new neighbor kids today.

not sure if he's breastfeeding, but as I understand it, immunity passes through breastmilk and immunity also would have built in utero if wife was was vaxed when pregnant

not saying it would change the equation, but perhaps peace of mind

it's tough to know what level of immunity though without studies or guidance from the cdc directly

It's it really bad for the whole week, or do meds knock down the bad symptoms after a few days? My wife and I were just talking about it this morning because we've heard there's a lot of it going around and our daughter has a playdate with a couple new neighbor kids today.

there are no meds for HFM!

i caught a cold from going to the WFU game last weekend and standing in that cold weather shouting for 5+ hours, that's the first time i've been sick in like 2 years i think

isn't that debunked? that cold weather causes colds?

isn't that debunked? that cold weather causes colds?

i mean, yeah, the cold weather didn't directly cause it, but it certainly can make you more vulnerable to it iirc

dried out sinuses from the cold/dry air, agitated throat from screaming, being around 34k strangers all also yelling (for the most part) without masks on

more likely that one of the 34k people there gave you a cold yeah

holy forking shirtballs, that thread is hilarious. "displacement"

holy forking shirtballs, that thread is hilarious. "displacement"

an absolute wild thread to read through. so many insecure dudes! how do y'all have beefs with other posters? i don't get it. why can't we all be friends.

anyway, just crazy I used to get like 2-3 colds a year probably, and that was my first in about 2 years thanks to all the mask wearing and being a recluse and whatnot

you can only treat symptoms, which is almost nothing b/c the dermatitis is basically untreatable. we were ramming pain meds and Benadryl down her throat which did seem to help

but you just have to muddle through 48-72 hours of misery

and then your fingernails might fall off a week or so later

i mean, you honestly might want to cancel. it's hard to know when contagious period starts but it's a before full-blown symptoms kick in.

the Doc confirmed this strain is new/worse than previously experienced - at least in our area. it's hitting adults more frequently and is more intense. typically it would present with a fever first but this version does not include a fever so it's sneakier

So we doing a CT tailgate for the acc championship game or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back