• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT part Deux: Where imaginary best friends are made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland ballpark is squarely middle, maybe a little above average?

I like how many breweries there are in town, and the fatty wagon is like public transit but better

i might take STL over Phoenix as a place to live gotta think about it

maybe dallas too, but never been to dallas, just the idea of it
Phoenix seems miserable bc it’s so hot but there’s no reward in the winter (skiing)

My wife grew up in St. Louis and I actually kind of dig it. The tricky part about it is that all of the best shit is in the outer ring of the city or the adjoining towns. So the Hill, Central West End, U City, etc. Soulard is probably the closest spot to "downtown" that's cool.

I guess in some ways St. Louis is like a Midwest Charlotte except it has a soul.

I was in the core part of downtown the whole time so definitely the wrong part for any cool shit. Did have a great solo dinner at a place called Louie in Clayton though.

STL is like the worst of all worlds though in that it's culturally midwestern, gets midwest weather, but minimal active legacy urban infrastructure to make it walkable, etc.

but still probably better than phoenix or dallas

houston p low on my list too, but they have great rap music so

The DFW only deserves some of the hate that it regularly gets. If you have an active sports family, with little league age children, it has plentiful opportunities.

What about Buffalo? Indianapolis? For the latter whenever there’s a major sporting event in town all you hear about is that one goddamn steakhouse and people ordering the fucking shrimp cocktail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back