• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT part Deux: Where imaginary best friends are made

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to 36 MLB ballparks. PNC is my favorite of the newer ones. Wrigley is my favorite of the older ones that are still in use.

Sitting in the front row of the right field upper deck at old Tiger Stadium was the best seat I ever had for an MLB game. The upper deck extended past the lower deck and over the playing field.

The Charlotte light rail created south end, probably the fastest growing area of urban development in the city from nothing. Basically crumbling warehouses and jack shit else.

Easy to shit talk it now when it’s struggling from poor leadership and oh yeah the pandemic that crushed ridership.

I loved taking the light rail when I lived near it. Would love for them to get the silver line too but Tim Moore says no, we need more roads.

SouthEnd, down to about Ideal Way was in pretty good shape along Sought Boulevard prior to the blue line, but it's obviously taken off in the past 18 years.

I now generally avoid SouthEnd because I have to drive or Uber to get there and parking is limited.

i feel sad for this minnesota poster that is changing his plans from seeing messi to seeing a terrible wake team in winston-salem for his vacation

It feels like this whole thing is a big con game.

And Messi says he's playing on Saturday at Charlotte FC, but he's skipping that to watch Mariucci take on Pitt.

STL is like the worst of all worlds though in that it's culturally midwestern, gets midwest weather, but minimal active legacy urban infrastructure to make it walkable, etc.

but still probably better than phoenix or dallas

houston p low on my list too, but they have great rap music so
Houston has fantastic food

Old Tiger Stadium was >>>> Comerica too
Bummed I never got to see Old Tiger stadium. When I lived in Detroit I played in a beer league where Old Tiger was and we'd go out in Corktown after. It was just this crummy field but it looks like they put down turf and it's nice now which kind of blows.

SouthEnd, down to about Ideal Way was in pretty good shape along Sought Boulevard prior to the blue line, but it's obviously taken off in the past 18 years.

I now generally avoid SouthEnd because I have to drive or Uber to get there and parking is limited.

I mean there was stuff there in that area that was in good shape but not nearly what there is now. To say nothing of the area south of there.

I too never go to south end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back