• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: PBR has always tasted like ass and just like this CT, will forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
Time for some tipping takes. I was promised tipping takes and I better get some tipping takes.

Last edited:
here's your tipping take:

I tip 20-25% but I don't like how the amount will go way up depending on how expensive the wine you get. they're not doing anything different. Like if you get a $50 or $150 bottle. usually the labor is the same as they're not gonna decant it or anything at that price. I think there should be a tip cap when something like this is at play.

JSBTl.gif

what if they help you choose the wine? gotta make sure dat somalian gets PAID.

Agreed. I might start going 15% tip on my crazy meals. Thoughts?

they'll help choose a $50 bottle as well. but if I go one night and get the same food and the $50 bottle and the next time same food and the $150 bottle why do I gotta tip way more?

right, assuming you use food sourcing and prep as a proxy for how much to tip about the meal, presumably the same amount of effort went into sourcing, pairing, and maintaining the wine, though markup is a big difference there

here's your tipping take:

I tip 20-25% but I don't like how the amount will go way up depending on how expensive the wine you get. they're not doing anything different. Like if you get a $50 or $150 bottle. usually the labor is the same as they're not gonna decant it or anything at that price. I think there should be a tip cap when something like this is at play.

so do you still tip 20%, just begrudgingly?
I would think including the wine in your total but dropping your % would be acceptable, but I'm also #frugal so I'm probably wrong.

so do you still tip 20%, just begrudgingly?
I would think including the wine in your total but dropping your % would be acceptable, but I'm also #frugal so I'm probably wrong.

yes I do, but I don't like it.

In Europe (Paris maybe?), someone chased us down out of the restaurant because she thought we forgot our change.

I will almost always tip even for bad service - someone would basically have to call me the C word to my face and spit in my food for me to draw a line through the tip line. I realize a lot of bad restaurant experiences are out of the servers hands and that $$ goes towards more people than just servers after tip out.

And Juice - You don't have to be a self promoter. Just don't be a creeper. Just appearing normal does the trick. I mean ya only need to promote if you're trying to bang out Instagram hoes.

And Juice - You don't have to be a self promoter. Just don't be a creeper. Just appearing normal does the trick. I mean ya only need to promote if you're trying to bang out Instagram hoes.

Not trying to be disrespectful but this is the kind of thinking that helped elect Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back