• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an article, but there is a Netflix documentary show called connected that has an entire episode about facial recognition technology and how governments are using street cameras to collect that data and allowing private companies to mine the data.

Latif Nasser, the host of that series, does great stuff with Radiolab, the NPR show. His series, "The other Latiff" was pretty riveting.

The hogs going to the butcher are different from the fukbois.I think COVID has really helped that market. Less folks eating out and spending more time at home cooking.

I have a license to process my own chickens, and as long as I stay under 2k birds a year, it's pretty simple. Water testing every 6 months, temperature alarms on the freezers, and cross contamination measures. If I go over 2k, the next threshold is 10k, and anything over that requires FDA inspection rather than the state. We did around 200 birds last year starting out.

I could get my meat handlers license to sell beef and pork, but I'd have to get it inspected at a facility that inspects each carcas, and most butchers around here don't have that level of inspection. The local butchers do process deer and the like, and can process beef and pork for individuals, but I'm not allowed to resale it through the farm.

Thats probably the reason game is so tough to find here in Texas. I thought duck and wild boar and venison would be everywhere, but no one sells it. I actually have to order it online.

The hogs going to the butcher are different from the fukbois.I think COVID has really helped that market. Less folks eating out and spending more time at home cooking.

I have a license to process my own chickens, and as long as I stay under 2k birds a year, it's pretty simple. Water testing every 6 months, temperature alarms on the freezers, and cross contamination measures. If I go over 2k, the next threshold is 10k, and anything over that requires FDA inspection rather than the state. We did around 200 birds last year starting out.

I could get my meat handlers license to sell beef and pork, but I'd have to get it inspected at a facility that inspects each carcas, and most butchers around here don't have that level of inspection. The local butchers do process deer and the like, and can process beef and pork for individuals, but I'm not allowed to resale it through the farm.

Of late, I have often found myself thinking about quitting the law and opening a butcher shop in my Dallas suburb. With all of these several thousand home planned communities full of grill aficionados, I think a high end butcher shop would do quite well. There is no butcher shop per se around here, and I think the opportunity is quite ripe. I would name it something like "Butcher on the Range" or "The Chuck Wagon." We would have not just Texas beef, but also duck, boar, elk, home made sausage, things that grocery stores don't normally carry. I would also do charcuterie and cheeses, with a small wine selection as well. One of the guys down the street is a retired butcher, and we have talked about the idea a little bit.

My influences would be Butcher's Alley in Bethesda or the Butcher Block in Winston. My hesitations are never having a run a business before, and my complete lack of knowledge about the meat industry. Its a nice idea. I guess I just wish someone else would do it and I can shop there.

I know a soon to be unemployed teacher who you can partner with in selling a variety of grilling accessories

Welp, wife's girls trip got cancelled last minute due to a malfunctioning washer dryer and a completely flooded beachhouse. So no woods for me. Guess I gotta take the wife last minute to Charlotte. If Biff doensn't let me crash at his house, where should I stay and what should I do? I'm depressed.

Welp, wife's girls trip got cancelled last minute due to a malfunctioning washer dryer and a completely flooded beachhouse. So no woods for me. Guess I gotta take the wife last minute to Charlotte. If Biff doensn't let me crash at his house, where should I stay and what should I do? I'm depressed.

why can't she just stay at home by herself

there was a p sweet pinball bar near the stadium

So if someone buys a hog, you can process it for them but you can’t sell individual spareribs and Boston butts?

Correct. Even the inspected butcher that I'm taking my hogs to cannot resale my meat, nor can I do it legally through the farm. Yeah, it's pretty messed up. Most people around here that have small operations end up selling under the table.

Kids have off next week.

We are taking a 3 day trip to exotic Chattanooga, TN.

Go ahead and be jealous about how baller I live.

Chattanooga is actually a pretty cool city. Good food, good beer, decent outdoors scene in the city & nearby. And they have a p sweet pinball arcade.

Kids have off next week.

We are taking a 3 day trip to exotic Chattanooga, TN.

Go ahead and be jealous about how baller I live.

Yeah Chatanooga is the shit. You going to the zoo, right? Tennessee Riverwalk is pretty boss too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back