• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody got any good scholarly articles about facial recognition mining through social media apps? We're doing the dystopian lit unit right now and I wanna make my honors kids understand where all those selfies for face filters in their social media apps go.

Anybody got any good scholarly articles about facial recognition mining through social media apps? We're doing the dystopian lit unit right now and I wanna make my honors kids understand where all those selfies for face filters in their social media apps go.

No one cares.

Dua Lipa is in Charlotte tonight.

You can tell them that a federal criminal attorney working on the J6 case is well-fucking-aware that it's being actively deployed and used to at-times-unbelievable effect.

Hootie & The Blowfish concert at Groves Stadium after a Wake football game would be EPIC !

Not an article, but there is a Netflix documentary show called connected that has an entire episode about facial recognition technology and how governments are using street cameras to collect that data and allowing private companies to mine the data.

We saw Black Violin last night. Those guys put on a fun show.

Of late, I have often found myself thinking about quitting the law and opening a butcher shop in my Dallas suburb. With all of these several thousand home planned communities full of grill aficionados, I think a high end butcher shop would do quite well. There is no butcher shop per se around here, and I think the opportunity is quite ripe. I would name it something like "Butcher on the Range" or "The Chuck Wagon." We would have not just Texas beef, but also duck, boar, elk, home made sausage, things that grocery stores don't normally carry. I would also do charcuterie and cheeses, with a small wine selection as well. One of the guys down the street is a retired butcher, and we have talked about the idea a little bit.

My influences would be Butcher's Alley in Bethesda or the Butcher Block in Winston. My hesitations are never having a run a business before, and my complete lack of knowledge about the meat industry. Its a nice idea. I guess I just wish someone else would do it and I can shop there.

Of late, I have often found myself thinking about quitting the law and opening a butcher shop in my Dallas suburb. With all of these several thousand home planned communities full of grill aficionados, I think a high end butcher shop would do quite well. There is no butcher shop per se around here, and I think the opportunity is quite ripe. I would name it something like "Butcher on the Range" or "The Chuck Wagon." We would have not just Texas beef, but also duck, boar, elk, home made sausage, things that grocery stores don't normally carry. I would also do charcuterie and cheeses, with a small wine selection as well. One of the guys down the street is a retired butcher, and we have talked about the idea a little bit.

My influences would be Butcher's Alley in Bethesda or the Butcher Block in Winston. My hesitations are never having a run a business before, and my complete lack of knowledge about the meat industry. Its a nice idea. I guess I just wish someone else would do it and I can shop there.

I've often thought the same thing. Butchers are aging out, and the market will be prime in the future. My concern is the carpal tunnel and stress on the body, plus the initial pay cut. I will say though, I've seriously considered it.

On a related note, I'm taking 6 of my hogs to the butcher on Friday.

I think about doing something like this but with a bakery/coffee shop/beer garden.

I've often thought the same thing. Butchers are aging out, and the market will be prime in the future. My concern is the carpal tunnel and stress on the body, plus the initial pay cut. I will say though, I've seriously considered it.

Right. Its such an underserved market. People are spending more and more money on grill equipment and outdoor at home dining is substantially increasing with new indoor/outdoor patios. It would only make sense that these same people would be in the market for higher end meats and other options. You also have the added benefit of already having hogs and other farm animals which would cut down on you needing to find a vendor for pork. It may make sense to add like a hunting add on where people can have their deer or other game butchered for a fee, but I would have to look into local regulations.

It really isnt a crazy idea.

niiiiice

Your hogs are having a tough week, first you cock block them and now death!
The hogs going to the butcher are different from the fukbois.
Right. Its such an underserved market. People are spending more and more money on grill equipment and outdoor at home dining is substantially increasing with new indoor/outdoor patios. It would only make sense that these same people would be in the market for higher end meats and other options. You also have the added benefit of already having hogs and other farm animals which would cut down on you needing to find a vendor for pork. It may make sense to add like a hunting add on where people can have their deer or other game butchered for a fee, but I would have to look into local regulations.

It really isnt a crazy idea.
I think COVID has really helped that market. Less folks eating out and spending more time at home cooking.

I have a license to process my own chickens, and as long as I stay under 2k birds a year, it's pretty simple. Water testing every 6 months, temperature alarms on the freezers, and cross contamination measures. If I go over 2k, the next threshold is 10k, and anything over that requires FDA inspection rather than the state. We did around 200 birds last year starting out.

I could get my meat handlers license to sell beef and pork, but I'd have to get it inspected at a facility that inspects each carcas, and most butchers around here don't have that level of inspection. The local butchers do process deer and the like, and can process beef and pork for individuals, but I'm not allowed to resale it through the farm.

CT - People are talking about Pete Davidson and Ben Shapiro for some reason

So if someone buys a hog, you can process it for them but you can’t sell individual spareribs and Boston butts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back