• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
something about by playing Giannis at point guard a team that was stacked at point guard wouldn't want to acquire him in free agency or something

like I said it was virtually incomprehensible (to me at least)

Regarding the topic of interviews and hiring in a pandemic...

Was let go on January 4th. The first work day of 2022. It was done via Zoom and the whole thing took like 30 seconds. Felt like a big fuck you from a boss who pretended to value our relationship over the last few years. But I digress.

Over the last month, I seriously considered two jobs:

The first was something a bit different than what I have done the last 15 years. The job was mine for the taking, but I had my doubts. So I pushed for an in person meeting up in NY at their HQ and it became clear it would be a terrible fit for me.

The second was basically the same job I've been doing for a different firm. We hammered out the details over a few phone calls and I accepted without meeting anyone in person.

Glad I went up to meet the other company because something just felt wrong and that was confirmed on the visit. Hopefully my lack of an in person visit with this other company wasn't a mistake (but I know a few of my co-workers already, so I'm less worried about it).

something about by playing Giannis at point guard a team that was stacked at point guard wouldn't want to acquire him in free agency or something

i thought it was that giannis wanted to play pg bc $$$$

I could have sworn the arg was a credit to Kidd or the FO but it was a while ago

The list of Super Bowl halftime shows immediately after the nip slip is peak old white guy safety first. Yesterday’s halftime is a reminder about how fucked it was that when the Superbowl was in Atlanta we got the fun treat of Maroon 5.

I'm really enjoying all of the people in their 30s-40s saying on twitter or whatever that this was a great super bowl halftime show because the target demographic finally wasn't old people, not realizing that the target demographic didn't change, they just are the old people now

I drank way too much last night.

I have been “meh” on most of them simply because I don’t like the rapid medley format, the female pop stars aren’t in my wheelhouse, and the classic rock acts have been uninspired IMO

Can't get rid of these.

Ph's Giannis PG is still my favorite take because he argued fervently for it over like 10 pages and nobody could make it make any fucking sense

It's kind of like how Biden giving away free crackpipes doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense because that's not what's happening at all.

It was a pretty simple argument that you all had to twist in order for it not to make sense.

It's kind of like how Biden giving away free crackpipes doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense because that's not what's happening at all.

It was a pretty simple argument that you all had to twist in order for it not to make sense.

Twisting implies I understand it in the first place. I don't.

so was Ph right? Giannis didn't leave Milwaukee after all

it's easier for the Bucks to keep Giannis as a PG than as a SG/SF/PF. Every team can use and be willing to max a versatile wing but fewer could do that for a PG given many have their PG already.

basically that Atlanta at the time wouldn't have chased signing Giannis as a free agent because they were already set with Jeff Teague at the point.

there's an alternate universe out there where point guard is the only position

Can you remind me? It's your chat thread, after all.

cafd596b1b7d59e7d8f1ecce8a9af190.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back