• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT, pickles and political therapy, perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just over here chuckling at those of you who think the household engineer job is so easy. Don't forget that in addition to the actual work, the "operations" role also bears the brunt of the emotional labor for remembering and planning everything on top of actually doing it. When your partners are making the money, expect them to come home and ask what's for dinner.
This is a struggle in our household right now. My wife is still at home with our 9 month old figuring out her next career move after the messy layoff situation I've posted about and pending legal battle. She's been pretty overwhelmed with her role as the household engineer lately. It's certainly not an easy task, but I can't help but get frustrated at times, as between waking up, helping with little TW, working a full day, playing with little TW, helping cook/clean up dinner, etc. I'm "on" from ~7 AM to ~8PM+ every weekday.

I'd do a much worse job at it, but I'd love to spend all day taking care of the kid vs. work a 9-6 busy "real job". Plus he still naps for 2-3 hours most days, which is nice.

The responsibility of managing the ordering of the house, kids, etc., not just carrying out the tasks themselves. Having it all ultimately on your plate and the feeling that you can't drop any balls because no one is there as your backup while you are often the back up for the balls others are carrying.

The same could be said for Finance.

This is a struggle in our household right now. My wife is still at home with our 9 month old figuring out her next career move after the messy layoff situation I've posted about and pending legal battle. She's been pretty overwhelmed with her role as the household engineer lately. It's certainly not an easy task, but I can't help but get frustrated at times, as between waking up, helping with little TW, working a full day, playing with little TW, helping cook/clean up dinner, etc. I'm "on" from ~7 AM to ~8PM+ every weekday.

I'd do a much worse job at it, but I'd love to spend all day taking care of the kid vs. work a 9-6 busy "real job". Plus he still naps for 2-3 hours most days, which is nice.
sounds like a perfect time to develop a drinking problem

Passing -- heard he's doubling down on anti-trans, anti-disabled people, anti-woke low brow shit for the soft-brained Aaron Rodgers/McAfee/Rogan crowd.
What I've seen (an anti-trans joke) could barely be considered a joke or even remotely funny. It is one thing to punch down, but at least attempt to make it funny and not just a weird grievance

I’m super cognizant of not coming home and doing this because of everything else going on with the kids BUT there are definitely times where I get slightly annoyed when I don’t have the clothes I need for work or I get home and the plan is ordering takeout.

I’m fine if takeout is the plan, I’d just rather not wait 45 minutes for it after I get home. And I recognize that I was just as capable of getting my clothes ready for work over the weekend.
But why should you?

Is it possible that she has other things going on? PPD, layoff trauma, etc., that are affecting her ability to do those things?

giphy.gif

that's fine when you don't have kids.

if you ever have kids then you're gonna have to deal with emotions whether you like it or not

TRUTH

That includes probably reckoning with your own when you see how easily your kid mirrors you. My kid was almost 100% the impetus for the introspection that led me to seek therapy and figure my shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back