• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummerrrrrrr. Hawaii for vacation or work? Definitely some good birding, yeah?

My wife's work. There is a vet conference out there, so I am tagging along for fun hiking and snorkeling. Honestly the birding in Hawaii is sad. Sure there is stuff you'll never see anywhere else in the world, but, the native bird populations are decimated.

Not to brag, but I just got an EXCLUSIVE Grand Funk Railroad preorder offer from Ticketmaster.

My wife's work. There is a vet conference out there, so I am tagging along for fun hiking and snorkeling. Honestly the birding in Hawaii is sad. Sure there is stuff you'll never see anywhere else in the world, but, the native bird populations are decimated.

oh wow that's shocking & sad. what's caused the loss? development --> habitat loss?

You sure see a ton of feral chickens in Hawaii (especially Kauai). That seems like it would be a problem for other birds.

Wordle 6/6

Wordle 207 6/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

oh wow that's shocking & sad. what's caused the loss? development --> habitat loss?

Mostly because of invasive species. Currently mosquitos are the biggest problem because they spread diseases like avian pox and avian malaria that native birds have no immunity to. Historically pigs and rats were a big problem because they eats nests and alter the habitat.

in first world problems of the day i accidentally applied an estimated tax payment for 2021 to the 2022 tax year.

if the birds hate it so much there why don't they just, like, fly somewhere else to live

Another island that the birdman and his bird crushers happens to frequent resulting in a decimated population, some might call that a pattern!

Anyone ever do this one?

https://hryanjones.com/guess-my-word/

Got the normal in 13 guesses, and the hard in 16. Daily puzzle, like wordle. There are about 2^17 possible words (I heard), so 17 guesses is about the expectation value if you knew every word in order.

yeesh

24 guesses on normal

and I missed the wordle today

tough day for juice

edit: only 11 on hard though!

I will watch Steve Harvey family feud videos on Facebook every damn time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back