• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - Wakephan09 loves Jeff [Redacted] like a fat kid loves cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did a trip through northern Croatia (Plitvice, Zagreb, Istria day trip) and Slovenia (spent night at Otocec Castle, Ljubljana, Lake Bled, Postojna/Predjama day trip, Triglav National Park, Vintgar Gorge), and it was amazing, possibly the best trip I've ever taken.

Plitvice is incredible but the crowds were unbearable -- we got there at dawn when the park opened and it was great for a few hours before the tour buses arrived -- early arrival is a must, in my opinion -- Krka National Park was also pretty great

also did a bike trip up the islands of Croatia that was incredible

Dang, can't find the rjkarl gif on Twitter.

rjkarl.gif

My wife's grandmother is from Tallinn and was there during the war. At the end of the war they were trying to escape before the Soviets took over and were waiting for a ferry out. Long story short, the Soviet fighter planes were indiscriminately shooting Estonians on the docks and ferries and she was always grateful to the Germans for defending them.

Plitvice is incredible but the crowds were unbearable -- we got there at dawn when the park opened and it was great for a few hours before the tour buses arrived -- early arrival is a must, in my opinion -- Krka National Park was also pretty great

also did a bike trip up the islands of Croatia that was incredible

We went in May, and it was crowded, but not too bad, and it didn't take much effort to dodge the giant tour groups

BIG LAW has higher rates than BIG ACCOUNTING but we still do well.

I'm dealing with BIG LAW on a M&A transaction. Quite a racket. They don't know anything, yet want to be the only people negotiating stuff. So you end up spending all your team teaching them the basics of your business at $1,000/hr.

Wouldn’t you play dumb as shit if it meant more hours. It’s like how people that do road construction get paid by the hour, no incentive to ever finish.

well we do have a budget for our work, so my stupid hourly rate isn't on an unending churn. Attorneys def have more latitude to churn in my experience.

this is why we structure every contract with attorneys with a lump sum or not-to-exceed amount

Absolutely. There was also someone else I was really impressed by recently but I am blanking on it right now. Also the pig farming, I would be down for some OGboards bacon. Would go nice with Barca’s OGboard beer.

Haha, that was me too.

palma doesn't have to worry about brawls at golden corral because he gets it delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back