• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a guy at this this Congresso de Aves wearing a Birds Aren’t Real T-Shirt.

I had to wait a month to speak to my primary care doctor (scheduled to call me today at 3) to get a referral for a dermatologist about getting a mole removed.

Why not save your money and get close to a meat slicer. A dermatologist is just going to tell you to put some aloe on it.

My haircuts in salt lake are cheaper than they were in Clemson & Greenville which is just crazy talk

The last time I had PT they wanted me to come in and pay the copay and bend over and touch cones twice a week. I went to the initial visit plus one more and told them to jump off a cliff, I can do this at home or my own gym. The guy told me he couldn't discharge me and he'd have to consult with his supervisor. I politely let him know that I was getting gouged for the services I was being provided and that I was leaving. He was an older guy but I think he was a student or something.

The last time I had PT they wanted me to come in and pay the copay and bend over and touch cones twice a week. I went to the initial visit plus one more and told them to jump off a cliff, I can do this at home or my own gym. The guy told me he couldn't discharge me and he'd have to consult with his supervisor. I politely let him know that I was getting gouged for the services I was being provided and that I was leaving. He was an older guy but I think he was a student or something.

might've been a PTA. Allowed to treat and modify plan of care but can't evaluate or re-assess.

Private chain PT mills are generally pretty poor in their quality of care. Better to seek out either an independent place (even better if they're cash based) or clinics associated with a teaching hospital system.

Biff if you need tips on how to find a good PT just HMU

This was at OrthoCarolina, so it was part of the doctor group. I think I was there for rehab after a being scoped for torn meniscus. Not a huge deal.

Are we going to be playing meaningful football in 2025?

200.gif

Whats an appropriate time to stop working when you WFH before a 4 day weekend? 3 sounds about right, very few emails come in after 3.

I had to wait a month to speak to my primary care doctor (scheduled to call me today at 3) to get a referral for a dermatologist about getting a mole removed.

I had a similar experience in late April. My PCP was fine... Gave me the names of 3 derms he'd recommend. I called all 3. One wouldn't take my insurance (United Healthcare... Not some random thing) and one wouldn't take new patients. The third one told me they could see me in 3 months if it was just a face visit... If it was for my whole body, it wouldn't be until December. I took a July appointment and the lady was like, "You can call back on Mondays and see if anything has opened up for the week!" I was like... Why do I need to call you? I can be available at pretty much a moment's notice and I live like 15 minutes away... Just call me if someone cancels. She wouldn't do it.

I had a similar experience in late April. My PCP was fine... Gave me the names of 3 derms he'd recommend. I called all 3. One wouldn't take my insurance (United Healthcare... Not some random thing) and one wouldn't take new patients. The third one told me they could see me in 3 months if it was just a face visit... If it was for my whole body, it wouldn't be until December. I took a July appointment and the lady was like, "You can call back on Mondays and see if anything has opened up for the week!" I was like... Why do I need to call you? I can be available at pretty much a moment's notice and I live like 15 minutes away... Just call me if someone cancels. She wouldn't do it.

My wife started a new job, that gives the offer of a high deductible ($5,000) plan with a $6,000 OOP max, but they'll put $300/mo in an HSA account for her. Kinda nice cause if she's healthy she'll have like $50k saved away over the next decade. Frees me up to now get off this HMO myself and look at a PPO so I can just go where I want, cause I can use her HSA funds for my costs if need be.

Peach Festival live stream on Nugs.net all weekend, Billy Strings tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back