• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played try to figure out if the old lady that fell and hit her head at the grocery store is concussed or just an asshole when she yells “leave me the fuck alone” while I’m trying to render first aid.

Tell her you're just trying to make her feel good.

It’s where you gather to talk about things you read in the newspaper
Yeah. The newspaper where everyone in the town got their news. Or what TV show you saw on CBS, ABC, or NBC that night.

Just played try to figure out if the old lady that fell and hit her head at the grocery store is concussed or just an asshole when she yells “leave me the fuck alone” while I’m trying to render first aid.
Should've responded, "But mamaw, it's me... Cody. You musta bumped your head pretty good there. We need to go get you looked at." And see if that convinces her to write you into her will. I know it didn't work with rj, but you gotta keep trying!

I’m that situation now. Left because of a lot of organizational unhealth and then They changed some key organizational beliefs/values so I couldn’t stay in good conscience. Last day was sept. 21st and nothing so far.

And don’t say I didn’t warn you about faith-based nonprofits.
No you did, you gave me a very honest assessment and I think I overlooked some key things. There have been issues almost from the word go.

early in my job hunt to leave that role, like 12-18 months ago, a recruiter reached out but didn't say what company he was working with

dude calls me, he's this 30something guy who seems v chill, and says he thinks i'm perfect for it, i have all of the checkboxes they're looking for, and the job responsibilities he outlined were pretty much exactly what i was looking for in my next role. the salary he said they were looking to give would've been a 150% raise over my salary at the time.

then he goes "i just want to be upfront with you... it's for the billy graham library, which i know is a pretty big ask"

i paused for a legit 5 seconds before saying "yeah, that's a pretty big ask, huh"

we went back and forth like that for another 30 seconds before we hung up

early in my job hunt to leave that role, like 12-18 months ago, a recruiter reached out but didn't say what company he was working with

dude calls me, he's this 30something guy who seems v chill, and says he thinks i'm perfect for it, i have all of the checkboxes they're looking for, and the job responsibilities he outlined were pretty much exactly what i was looking for in my next role. the salary he said they were looking to give would've been a 150% raise over my salary at the time.

then he goes "i just want to be upfront with you... it's for the billy graham library, which i know is a pretty big ask"

i paused for a legit 5 seconds before saying "yeah, that's a pretty big ask, huh"

we went back and forth like that for another 30 seconds before we hung up
Lol. That's awful.

that might have been the first and only time in my adult life that i've had to calculate how much my MORAL INTEGRITY was worth

I can't imagine that anyone will want to go to the Billy Graham Library in 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back