• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am often met with disbelief when I do not know a celebrity, but our young admin assistant said she did not know who Willie Nelson was. We are in Austin. There is a statute of him. There is a street named after him.
It is almost impossible not to know who Willie Nelson is if you are living in austin.

another east coast rush hour vulture special coming up here

So my wife is super thrifty and due to a mix of me
Being sick and she thinking she has to do everything herself otherwise it won’t be done properly, she did most of the packing, except for anything that was specifically mine that I packed.

So her priority seemed to be not wasting any space in any box (to reduce the number of $3 boxes we had to buy at Home Depot) and to like pad and secure each box with our clothes.

So like in each of the 30-40 boxes, there are clothes, 1-2 pots/pans, 5-10 clothes hangers, 4-5 books, and sometimes some dishes. All protected by our clothes.

It makes unpacking and locating anything an absolutely complete fucking nightmare.

Yeah, that's a great way to make your clothes all smell like corrugated cardboard.

Has anyone here quit a job due to miserableness without having anything else lined up? How did it work out?

I’m that situation now. Left because of a lot of organizational unhealth and then They changed some key organizational beliefs/values so I couldn’t stay in good conscience. Last day was sept. 21st and nothing so far.

And don’t say I didn’t warn you about faith-based nonprofits.

I don’t get it, are you guys just incapable of slacking at work until they fire you and give you severance and unemployment ?

I like my job and I’m rolling in after 9 and leaving right at 5 on the days I bother coming into the office. I couldn’t imagine what I’d do if I hated my job

I don’t get it, are you guys just incapable of slacking at work until they fire you and give you severance and unemployment ?

I like my job and I’m rolling in after 9 and leaving right at 5 on the days I bother coming into the office. I couldn’t imagine what I’d do if I hated my job
only thing here is that at some corps it can take a WHILE before you're fired for lack of performance

that was my biggest takeaway with my last role at Wells, on a team with a couple of people who did jack shit-- it was stunning with how little work they could get away with doing

every so often, i think i miss that job (it was nice being on a team where expectations were fairly low, and where, for all of the bureaucratic red tape with policies and procedures, at least they had controls in place for stuff)

and then i remind myself how miserable i was, working for one of the more evil corporations on the planet

For me:

1) yes, I’m incapable of that

2) it would have hurt our clients

3) I actually loved my job in the local context, close to a dream job.

4) the company was so committed to the new policy and acknowledged that many came on board with a different understanding of organizational values, that they offers 3 mo. Severance with benefits to anyone who felt they could no longer work there. That helps the stress of not having something else yet and I at least have insurance through the end of the year.

Just played try to figure out if the old lady that fell and hit her head at the grocery store is concussed or just an asshole when she yells “leave me the fuck alone” while I’m trying to render first aid.

I’m that situation now. Left because of a lot of organizational unhealth and then They changed some key organizational beliefs/values so I couldn’t stay in good conscience. Last day was sept. 21st and nothing so far.

And don’t say I didn’t warn you about faith-based nonprofits.

Oh snap, I was just thinking about going to work for one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back