• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIL and his wife joint 30th birthday party is the day of the UNC game starting at....7:30 as well. I wonder if I can get away with sitting in the corner the whole time with the game up on my phone or if I'll be told (ever so gently!) to put my damn phone away and socialize.
Dude, we’re in the midst of endemic Covid. Fake a cough or say you have a sore throat and should probably play it safe.

New Two Roosters flavors for this month are 🔥 They have a pie made with the Pumpkin Butter Cheesecake flavor so definitely thinking about pulling the trigger on that for Thanksgiving.

New Two Roosters flavors for this month are 🔥 They have a pie made with the Pumpkin Butter Cheesecake flavor so definitely thinking about pulling the trigger on that for Thanksgiving.
The ice cream here sucks. Normal Ice Cream club is trash. Need a two roosters here.

Reactions: WRS
Coordinating what to do food wise for Thanksgiving. Waiting on my mom to let me know if she's coming up but otherwise it'll be just my wife, my MIL, and me. They don't like turkey and we've done fish, cornish game hen, lamb, and duck the last four years. I'm thinking Porkapalooza but does anyone have any fun suggestions? Still gonna do my grandma's twice baked potatoes like always but thinking I may add some bacon to them this year to spice it up.

It’s the thought that counts?
I got her some flowers from a local place she loves that were delivered today so that’s a good start. A group of us are going to hibachi on Friday night for a casual dinner which should be fun. She bought a pair of jeans that she just told me to Venmo her the money for lol. Maybe will find a cool small gift so I have something to give her as well.

Coordinating what to do food wise for Thanksgiving. Waiting on my mom to let me know if she's coming up but otherwise it'll be just my wife, my MIL, and me. They don't like turkey and we've done fish, cornish game hen, lamb, and duck the last four years. I'm thinking Porkapalooza but does anyone have any fun suggestions? Still gonna do my grandma's twice baked potatoes like always but thinking I may add some bacon to them this year to spice it up.
Wait. You make baked potatoes without bacon. Late to the party but you do you.

Well these are TWICE baked potatoes, but yes. Mostly because I've just made the same recipe my grandma always made without thinking about it.

I’ve been a State Employees Credit Union customer for 20+ years since my parents helped me open my first checking account. The biggest issue is that their digital capabilities are virtually nonexistent. They finally got an app not that long ago and basically all you can do on it is view your balance. I assume the bigger credit unions have much more sophisticated tech.
You can do mobile check deposit on the SECU app now

we usually do a meal at family holidays (not on the actual holiday itself) that's beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce and mushrooms, twice baked potatoes, and Caesar salad. really easy and a big hit every time.

They both got their graduate degrees at Harvard so I tried the Harvard-Yale angle but that didn't land either. She did go to undergrad at UVA but she doesn't care about sports. My BIL watches sports so he understands. The major issue will my wife glaring at me if I have the game on but hopefully this can be a situation where she just says "well that's just what Numbers does" and laughs about it with everybody.
Fanatic Deac usually gives frequent, insightful and useful updates on Twitter during the games. You could just check his feed during the game/party.

Has anyone here quit a job due to miserableness without having anything else lined up? How did it work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back