• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nba is in full swing plus college football bowl season

I love December

Unless you’re in Boston or Chicago or have SAD does the cold rly bother you that much?

I was in Boston and loved it but the winter was v bad and depressing.

Virtual conferences are such a waste of time. Shouldn’t even bother. Can’t wait to get back live.

Pre-recorded and uploaded my talk for the wildlife society Conference. I will pay to register for the conference but I highly doubt I’ll “attend” a single session or watch more than 5 talks over the week. I am totally over virtual conferences.

Virtual conferences are such a waste of time. Shouldn’t even bother. Can’t wait to get back live.

I'm pretty grateful as a grad student that I don't have to fly to Seattle to present my work

I am traveling for my first in person conference since Jan of 2020 the a couple of weeks. I have never been so excited for shitty conference food.

Nba is in full swing plus college football bowl season

I love December

Unless you’re in Boston or Chicago or have SAD does the cold rly bother you that much?

Are you trying to sell me on mid-season NBA where the best players regularly just take games off to rest because the season is too long? PASS

It amazes me that there aren’t 32 humans in existence more capable or being an nfl quarterback than Teddy Bridgewater.

CT Whatever: Aaron Rodgers slams Woke Cancel Culture!!!!!!

Pre-recorded and uploaded my talk for the wildlife society Conference. I will pay to register for the conference but I highly doubt I’ll “attend” a single session or watch more than 5 talks over the week. I am totally over virtual conferences.

We have our annual PI meeting this week. We had to make a flier (basically a poster) and a 90 sec YouTube. I had to be around today and yesterday on some fancy chat interface to discuss it. Three conference friends "stopped by" to say hey and that's it. Complete waste. Basically just an obligation. Thankfully registration was comped.

I’ve done a few invited talks and panels virtually and that’s fine. I wasn’t going to turn those down. But I stopped submitting to virtual conferences.

I'm pretty grateful as a grad student that I don't have to fly to Seattle to present my work

Does your department cover any of your travel?

I had a lot of fun traveling as a grad student. Closing down bars in Nashville. Coming back whenever in the morning in New Orleans and presenting a few hours later. Good times. Don't miss having to split hotels 2, 3, or 4 ways or cramming in a car though. Now I got those baller ass grant $$$ and a per diem but I'm a lame old who goes out for nice dinners instead of kicking it at the club.

Last edited:
It amazes me that there aren’t 32 humans in existence more capable or being an nfl quarterback than Teddy Bridgewater.

it was annoying after the first few games when he had played the Jags and some other scrubs where people were talking about how great he was. and it's like no, Panthers fans know who he is.

Are you trying to sell me on mid-season NBA where the best players regularly just take games off to rest because the season is too long? PASS

Not selling anything

If you aren’t into nba I’m not trying to convert anyone, I got league pass and I’m straight chillin

But the crowded premier league fixture list is fun too if a bit hectic

CT Whatever: Aaron Rodgers slams Woke Cancel Culture!!!!!!

the fact that this issue took 3 years for the IRS to lose is infuriating anyway. it was a terrible argument and I can't believe they stuck with it

The IRS is generally very frustrating.

Last edited:
How in the actual fuck does Dune have 84% on Rotten Tomatoes? It's terrible.

You traveling for work bro? We haven’t started back yet but there are some conferences on the docket in early 2022 (including one in Chicago!) so we may be getting back out there.

great beaches!

and yeah, but I don't travel to cool places for work -- spent all week in Merced and Fresno!

it was annoying after the first few games when he had played the Jags and some other scrubs where people were talking about how great he was. and it's like no, Panthers fans know who he is.

Those same panthers fans, also after week 3: "Gase and the Jets were the problem all along!!!!!!1!!!"

I know this is political but it made me laugh

https://web.archive.org/web/2000111...Forest+Sports&number=2&DaysPrune=2&LastLogin=

Picture-This-20211022-074001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back