• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT3.28: Talkin' Meh and Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss is 70 and I have no idea why he continues to work. Theoretically, he is retiring soon, but I have heard that for 5 years. He has absolutely no need for the money at this point.

On the flip side, he only works on what he wants to work on at this point and has shifted all the shitty administrative parts of the job to me.

You answered your own question.

My boss is 70 and I have no idea why he continues to work. Theoretically, he is retiring soon, but I have heard that for 5 years. He has absolutely no need for the money at this point.
My FIL is this way. He’s the most senior partner in his group by far. All his longtime partners have retired. And he doesn’t like to take time off or whatever and works hella late when my MIL is out of town. He seems to think it’s the only way to get all the work done but wife and I are sure it’s because the younger partners know he’ll just pick up the slack.

He doesn’t want to retire and have the group go to hell because he’s convinced himself that he’s the only one keeping things afloat.

If you love what you are doing, you ain't workin.

My dad retired at 58 and was absolutely miserable. Just bored out of his mind.

Just passed a guy in the duke hospital parking garage sitting on the hood of a truck, smoking a cigarette, playing a guitar and singing country songs. Very strange.

I mean, not where I was going with that, but just an odd place. At least sit out in the sun instead of in a covered garage.

We did something bold last night and planned a trip to go out to Yellowstone in September. My FIL has always dreamed of going so my wife really wanted to make it happen for him.

We did something bold last night and planned a trip to go out to Yellowstone in September. My FIL has always dreamed of going so my wife really wanted to make it happen for him.
That’s great!

This recipe is awesome

Went last summer. Amazing. Been to grand Teton? Flew into Cody, drove to YS, then to hit up the Tetons. Jenny lake is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back