• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT65: hakuna matata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take a single math or science class at Wake (did the take the 2nd semester chem final and if you pass they give you 10 credits the first week of school). So I haven't taken a math or science class since I was 17.

I did a similar thing at UNC. Placed out of all teh math courses I'd need with my Calc AP scores, and then just took Geology first semester, so I haven't had a math or science course in forever either.

MTH 109 UG Elem. Probability & Statistics B+ 4.000

right off the transcript.

that's bullshit. what year did you take him?

yes; i'm still this bitter 8 years later. that one class was the difference of me graduating w/ honors vs. not.

My only science course was...

...beekeeping.

Thanks AP credits!

I took a lot of math courses as it was a minor, but in retrospect I should've done a legit double or made that my focus instead.

Gaylord May fell asleep against the chalkboard in class one day. His stats class was my very first class of college and I remember walking out of there like "oh shit what am I getting myself into."

Gaylord May fell asleep against the chalkboard in class one day. His stats class was my very first class of college and I remember walking out of there like "oh shit what am I getting myself into."

lol, this happened all the time.

also my first class of college. awesome.

I think I only took 1 math class at Wake and I had the easiest professor that ever existed. I think he only lasted 2 years at Wake. Probably too many As.

Did Apple update the ipod at all? I'd like old ipods to get cheaper so I can replace mine.

Living Social has a deal for Boudoir photo sessions in GSO right now. I've lost about 50 pounds, which means my belly no longer hides my thunder. Think Mrs. DF07 might like some glamor shots for our 2-year anniversary next month? Maybe with clever lighting techniques and airbrushing, they can make me look like Jon Hamm.

at what point do you decide something is cost-prohibitive?

I have a wedding of a dear friend coming up in May; already received my save the date. I can use airline miles for the ticket, but hotel + rental car for 3 days/2 nights will be another $500 on top of that. I could pay for it and I would say I can ultimately afford it... but then I think about the fact that only I would be able to go (no J) and that money could go towards something he and I could do together instead. Then I'm just sad about missing yet another wedding.

I have a wedding of a dear friend coming up in May; already received my save the date. I can use airline miles for the ticket, but hotel + rental car for 3 days/2 nights will be another $500 on top of that. I could pay for it and I would say I can ultimately afford it... but then I think about the fact that only I would be able to go (no J) and that money could go towards something he and I could do together instead. Then I'm just sad about missing yet another wedding.

This is a normal debate. But at some point I decided I will do my absolute best to make every wedding I'm invited to (at least the first one). I feel like weddings, funerals, births, etc. are life events that I want everyone to know I care about that I will be there.

Last edited:
Living Social has a deal for Boudoir photo sessions in GSO right now. I've lost about 50 pounds, which means my belly no longer hides my thunder. Think Mrs. DF07 might like some glamor shots for our 2-year anniversary next month? Maybe with clever lighting techniques and airbrushing and a few socks in my pants they can make me look like Jon Hamm.

You forgot something

Pretty excited about running a 5k at the NCZoo Saturday morning, then hanging out with this little guy and his half brother afterwards.

2h5u074.jpg

I'm in a similar spot LBE but I'm a groomsmen in two weddings two weeks apart and both will require flights. One is back home so no rental car and no hotel.

awwwwww i want to hug hiiiiiimmmm!!

NCZoo had two gorillas born in the last 2-2.5 months. One of them, not sure if it's this guy or the other one, was born all of 2 weeks ago. Pretty big deal. I strongly recommend a trip for anyone in the area in the next year or so.

I missed a lot of weddings out of cost, and I regret it looking back. Go. Missing a wedding is basically just saying "have a nice life" and you need people to come to yours.

wow, actually pretty good advice from palma.

even though i haven't seen quite a few of my wedding guests since my wedding day, it was really awesome having them there and i'll never forget it.

eta: plus they all had fun and banged a bunch of my wife's sorority sisters...so win-win. don't bring j.

My fiance wants to play either the thread title or 'can you feel the love tonight' for our first dance. My guy friends will disown me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back