• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT85: RTQe'o

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually always go for the dumbest gift they have registered for, you put a sterling silver trash can or your bundt cake pan on there, enjoy throwing your bathroom trash into your 150 dollar trash can while eating your bundt cakes from your 120 dollar pan.

The high end stuff looks good and lasts forever.

i am most excited about getting decent kitchen things.

Yeah but you could get 15 bundt cake pans for the same price. What are the chances you even make 15 bundt cakes your entire life. You should just get a card that says any time you want to make a bundt cake I will ship you a new pan from amazon.

i mean, when you throw a housewarming party, lots of people show up with wine or something else for the house, but to ask people to bring cash because you've got a mortgage to pay now would be tacky. we live in a world where gifts are more socially acceptable than cash. if you care to know why, you should read "predictably irrational." fantastic book (sorry, but it's by a dookie) about human tendencies and behaviors.

You live that world. Unless "we" is simply Southern white people.

Listen to the Freakonomics podcast on gifts to get a good explanation of how inefficient gifts can be. Get people something they need. Straight cash homie. You'll use it.

Last edited:
Yeah but you could get 15 bundt cake pans for the same price. What are the chances you even make 15 bundt cakes your entire life. You should just get a card that says any time you want to make a bundt cake I will ship you a new pan from amazon.

So don't put it on your registry.

i am most excited about getting decent kitchen things.

Estelle from your grandma's church demands you register for a gravy boat. She wants to get you a god damn gravy boat, an it's really about what she wants to give.

And within 6 months, you will put on 35 lbs of CB

i've gained 4 lbs since christmas.

i'd like to flatter myself in saying it's muscle (it very well may be)... buttttttttt it's CB. emphasis on the butt.

Jesus guys, still having this stupid wedding/registry/gifts discussion? Take it to the shewoman thread.

You live that world. Unless "we" is simply Southern white people.

Listen to the Freakonomics podcast on gifts, so get a good explanation of how inefficient gifts can be. Get people something they need. Straight cash homie. You'll use it.

Oh come on. You know you want to join us. You went to Wake Forest for chrissakes.

Estelle from your grandma's church demands you register for a gravy boat. She wants to get you a god damn gravy boat, an it's really about what she wants to give.

good for her that i'm putting a gravy boat on my registry!

i've gained 4 lbs since christmas.

i'd like to flatter myself in saying it's muscle (it very well may be)... buttttttttt it's CB. emphasis on the butt.

Healthy ass fat makes you appear more fertile. It will motivate J to pop the question sooner when his primal need to spread his seed kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back