• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT86. THE BOARDS ARE BACK IN TOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean after all the uggos have graduated? JK :couch:

I won't pretend I didn't wish they/we were more selective at times.

But I think overall Phi Mu got a bad rep which just continued, as reputations tend to do.

Whatever, I made a ton of great friends and had awesome times as a part of Phi Mu, even if I was just another cow in the fat & ugly sorority.

I won't pretend I didn't wish they/we were more selective at times.

But I think overall Phi Mu got a bad rep which just continued, as reputations tend to do.

Whatever, I made a ton of great friends and had awesome times as a part of Phi Mu, even if I was just another cow in the fat & ugly sorority.

All sororities have stereotypes, what are ya gonna do?

All that matters is the bolded.

The Phi Mu's had nothing on BGA for sheer size. I actually dated a Phi Mu after college for a couple years.

It's weird, pretty much all the phi mu's I know are not overweight at all. puttersdeac is the hottest one though, defs.

It's weird, pretty much all the phi mu's I know are not overweight at all. puttersdeac is the hottest one though, defs.

Firmest handshake too.

I got no problems with Phi Mu's. I really got/had no problems with any of the sorostitutes during my time at Wake. I married a Tri Delt, but most of my friends with KD's. KD's seemed the most awesome.

i think phi mu has the whack reputation outside of wake forest as well, right?

I know they all had and will continue to have stereotypes, but they were not all negative, at least to my eyes. The drinkers, the ones you marry, the athletic girls, the rich girls. Yes, the only important part is the friendships and fun times, but just like working for a company everyone hates, it was sometimes frustrating being part of a group everyone thought was ugly and fat. And yeah, I don't like my face or body and talk a lot about needing to lose weight, but I'll admit that even I don't think I am particularly fat or ugly.

I know they all had and will continue to have stereotypes, but they were not all negative, at least to my eyes. The drinkers, the ones you marry, the athletic girls, the rich girls. Yes, the only important part is the friendships and fun times, but just like working for a company everyone hates, it was sometimes frustrating being part of a group everyone thought was ugly and fat. And yeah, I don't like my face or body and talk a lot about needing to lose weight, but I'll admit that even I don't think I am particularly fat or ugly.

You aren't fat or ugly at all. You are annoyingly self-loathing though. #realtalk

Most sorority stereotypes that I remember were sluts, whores, coke whores, marriage whores, etc. Not a lot of stereotypes are positive.

Maybe guys, and girls who aren't as nice as I am, had negative stereotypes. I'm pretty nice to everyone (except myself). Oh and except Easy DZ because it was fun to say and I was jealous they got a lot of girls when they showed up while Phi Mu was struggling. Had no idea there were hard drugs on Wake's campus until like late senior year or possibly after graduation, so coke whores was definitely not in my worldview. "marriage whores" makes me laugh, it seems pretty oxymoronic.

The problem with the sorority stereotypes is that a lot of them vary from school to school, sure you can have certain regions where a certain one is the same but for the most part they change. Needed to keep this in mind when visiting friends.

some of my best friends were DZ's and they were the farthest things from "easy". the stereotypes for all the sororities are just that: stereotypes.

I will fully admit that my frat sucked and was not fratty at all with the exception of most (but def not all) of my pledge class/the fall pledges after us and a few of the guys the couple of years ahead of us. The pledges we got while I was there almost universally sucked and about 99% of the alums that came backed sucked hard. There were also a large number of older guys that weren't nearly as cool as I thought they were during rush.

There was a reason my entire pledge class was disengaged by the time we graduated.

#realtalk

some of my best friends were DZ's and they were the farthest things from "easy". the stereotypes for all the sororities are just that: stereotypes.

tumblr_m2qol71wYD1qb73eb.gif

things that happened over the last couple of days that i wanted to discuss with the CT:

1. boy scouts backing off of their whole anti-gay thing
2. phi mu

and this conversation that happened this morning between two of my coworkers. one is a girl who went to carolina, graduated summa cum laude, and is now engaged. the other is just another guy who sits near me.

guy: hey, saw your engagement announcement in the paper this morning. that's kinda cool. what does it mean that you graduated summa cum laude?
girl: i don't know why my mom put that in there.
guy: is it like a GPA thing? how did you get it?
girl: i don't know. i know it's not a program i was enrolled in though.
guy: is it the highest thing you can get?
girl: i looked it up on wikipedia last night. i don't think it's the highest. there's magna too.

wtf? first of all, how do you graduate summa cum laude without knowing what it actually is and how you got it? and i realize that most people don't take latin, but seriously, how do you graduate summa cum laude without realizing that "summa" means "highest"???

sounds like she didn't want to come across all smarty so she was dismissing it and playing it off.

Maybe guys, and girls who aren't as nice as I am, had negative stereotypes. I'm pretty nice to everyone (except myself). Oh and except Easy DZ because it was fun to say and I was jealous they got a lot of girls when they showed up while Phi Mu was struggling. Had no idea there were hard drugs on Wake's campus until like late senior year or possibly after graduation, so coke whores was definitely not in my worldview. "marriage whores" makes me laugh, it seems pretty oxymoronic.

A Tri Delt would sick yo duck for a potential wedding ring in heartbeat. P virgins, man, p virgins.

jesus fucking christ what the hell is wrong with you women? I have seen pics of all of you on here and you are all cute and look great. fuck I can't stand to hear people talk themselves down. shit :rulz:

jesus fucking christ what the hell is wrong with you women? I have seen pics of all of you on here and you are all cute and look great. fuck I can't stand to hear people talk themselves down. shit :rulz:

White bitches, man.

Firmest handshake too.

I got no problems with Phi Mu's. I really got/had no problems with any of the sorostitutes during my time at Wake. I married a Tri Delt, but most of my friends with KD's. KD's seemed the most awesome.

woohoooooooooooo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back