• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT86. THE BOARDS ARE BACK IN TOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. I'm convinced I get more excited about lingerie than men, though. They don't seem to appreciate it as much and just rip into the present too fast, you know?

i feel this way a little bit. i like lacy things, but to wear them all day is not practical because they show lumpy under clothes, and then to have them just for that time seems impractical because they're on... then off. the $:wear ratio is off. that said, i buy them anyway.

Count me in as a back clasp-er. It's never occurred to me to do the front/spin thing and I don't recall ever seeing anyone do it before. Didn't realize it was so common. I like the front closure bras although I don't really own many because they're not always as comfortable and they're hard to find in the styles I seem to like. I think they're sexy and it's funny to me when the front hook confuses the noobs.

lalark! I miss youuuu

and yes, I used to have some front clasp bras and someone fumbling around your back and finding no hooks always made me giggle.

I see. From what I understand, basically Robert tried to take over everything from the other two partners (his Brother and Dad). When things didn't go his way, Robert shut down the Facebook page deleted all the files and left (i.e. took his ball and went home).

I will be interested in hearing more of this story. That's different than the take I heard.

GOT IT. It was me. You were supposed to illustrate examples of the front clasp and spin technique using your MSPaint skills.

I knew I could count on BOJ to be a rememberall.

hm. truthfully, i'm not even sure what the spin technique is, other than just referring to the cheap S-hook clasps that often hold front clasp bras together.

Also, I have missed a lot of the thread, but noticed the "palma hates nudity tag." Did he claim, once again, that boobs look better covered?

That's my tag. He said that girls needed to learn to put bras on behind their back because the way they arch their back is a huge turn on.

I responded that there is no bigger turn on than a woman covering her boobs

imagefqq.jpg
[/IMG]

wow that's a trip Ive never really looked at an eye like that

I think the "stigma" has less to do with being obese as it does with the choices you've made to get there. I've never been at the gym and seen an obese woman and thought, "How disgusting" but I have thought, "Man he/she is huge. Good for them for making an effort."

I'm not a small dude and could definitely stand to drop some weight, but I also couldn't tell you the last time I had fast food or pizza.

On the other hand my girlfriends sister and her sisters boyfriend are huge and make no effort to be healthy. That disgusts me, watching them eat multiple fast food meals a day and piling mashed potatoes and gravy and fried chicken on their dinner plate. I think, "How could you do this to yourself? What is wrong with you?"

That's perfectly understandable....but the point is that no one would really think twice if you just said they were fatasses or whatever.

And even if you aren't one to think those things at the gym, it's evident by many on these boards (or maybe a select few, hell if I know) when they just rail on fat people over and over and over, and then inevitably start the "there are too many fatties at the gym now" threads after new years...

It's one thing to want people to have better lives/live healthier, but it's another to just obsessively taunt people whether they are completely inactive and sedentary or actively trying to work on their problems.

Few people bat an eye at insults thrown at fat people...it's just accepted...or reasonable...or justified.

And I get that most of that stems from the fact that for the most part the condition is a result of lifestyle choices....but the same can be sad for smoking, something that actually has an affect on others, yet no one seems to go out of their way to insult and humiliate smokers...why?

It just boggles my mind that someone makes such an effort and goes so far out of their way just to say things meant solely to hurt someone else....what is gained from making stupid and immature fat jokes about me in every thread I post in?...what does this person, or this group of people, get from it?...just the satisfaction of knowing they insulted me?

Why are people so quick to get up in arms about tags with racist or discriminatory language yet I have to just accept that if I make any significant post in a thread, it will have some sort of jab at me about being fat?...why do so many people find no problem with that?...is it not the same discriminatory or abusive language as calling someone a "fag" or posting anti-Semitic photos? (I'm not saying they are on the same level, but they are at least similar actions).

I'm fat....I admit that...and it's 99% my fault, bad habits, lack of exercise, etc etc....it just bothers me that someone out there wants to make me feel miserable because of it...for no apparent reason.

THAT'S the point of the article...not whether or not being fat is controllable or the fault of society or any of that bullshit....it's that being fat, and ridiculing people for being fat is the last form of prejudice/discrimination that a large group of people see no problem with...being fat is the last "condition" or "status" for which it is OK to openly mock and deride others, and some even take pride or joy in doing so.

It's disgusting and disheartening.

Commence with increasing the "Slim is a fatass" tags on every thread you can find

lalark! I miss youuuu

and yes, I used to have some front clasp bras and someone fumbling around your back and finding no hooks always made me giggle.

I will be interested in hearing more of this story. That's different than the take I heard.

I miss youuu! When are we getting together with awar and other GSO ladies for :beer: and build your own nachos?

lbe, :27 is the spin thing. I asked earlier if people clasp in back or clasp in front and then spin cause I didn't know people did the latter but deachoops and rtq (anyone else?) do!

I miss youuu! When are we getting together with awar and other GSO ladies for :beer: and build your own nachos?

OH YEAH! We need to plan this now that things are less crazy with holidays!

slim- speaking personally, i don't think it's ever OK to ridicule or taunt anyone... because that's just shitty of a person.
that said, i openly admit i am very quick to judge people (easily my worst trait) in my head, and i tend to find myself less sympathetic/empathetic towards overweight persons. for me, this definitely stems from the belief that poor personal choices are the root of the problem. i am much kinder in my mind if i find out a medical problem (ie: out of that person's control) is to blame. i don't think it's nice to single out anyone in the tags for something that's not blatantly in good humor (btw, did you know i talk about jason?), but some people are just assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back