• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT87: we're goin down down in an earlier round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had to overhear some little psycho girl explain that dinosaur fossils aren't real and that satan is the master of deception and uses that to deceive people and that scientists are just weak willed and can't overcome the power of him.

I wanted to smack a bitch

Dude, I had a kid in my class (a computer science class!) try to tell me something like this. Young earth creationists are just insane.

GUYS.

downton abbey is on 'on demand' for free. all seasons.

i know what i'm doing on saturday!

How amazing would it be to be someone like Stephen Hawking and knowing every day that you are the smartest person on the planet.

Other than that whole ALS thing....but still...he's survived for almost 50 years with a disease that usually only allows 10 years max, his brain is in total BEAST MODE

i'd rather be pretty much any pro athlete, rock star, or even myself. getting laid is MONTE. playing hoops is MONTE. math is cool, but #COMEON.

Agreed. Being smart is pretty cool. Not living in a wheelchair is MONTE.

Obviously if there was a choice it would be obvious

But still...waking up knowing you are #1 out of 7Billion is pretty badass

I am maximum sleepy. Time for a 12 hour flight sitting in the middle seat fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I saw it. Can't believe the girl in an online relationship with a weird, awkward, ugly kid in upstate NY wasn't really a beauty queen!

I thought "Kari Ann" on the phone didn't sound like Rose on the phone. It was so weird. I liked the random cats snuggling up to Nev at Joe's house.

How amazing would it be to be someone like Stephen Hawking and knowing every day that you are the smartest person on the planet

If being smart is what gets you off that would be pretty cool but there is more to life than that....

the crazy one from key west. full disclosure: this friend was on one of the early road rules seasons

paula-denver.jpg

Paula's fake boobies are amazing.

If being smart is what gets you off that would be pretty cool but there is more to life than that....

I'm pretty content being pretty smart and being able to walk, play sports, and bang. I'd rather have my life than Hawkings.

Reactions: ITK
MicroTouch Max....a safe trimmer designed to go where scissors and razors shouldn't go

Might as well rename it the Pube Trimmer

My on demand says I need to pay $4.99 to be able to watch.

That is awesome. I get to talk to similar people on a regular basis. They are some of the most appreciative that you will meet

Townie, how'd you get involved with the esl class?

Serious comment: that is amazing, and you deserve it. Congrats again.

Not as serious: immigrants are the fucking best. I don't know what the opposite of xenophobic is, but I think that's me. Real Americans suck.

Good shit, that

heart and soul of the country. always have be and always will be. it's what SHOULD make america great.

Thanks all around. I basically went to my library coordinator back in August of last year and asked if people ever taught classes at the library because I wad interested in running a fiction workshop. She gave me a whole folder of state supported curriculum, and I picked two classes that sounded cool to teach, did a one day training in Harrisburg, and posted flyers in the civic centers in the three neighboring towns. Since then, I've taught two ESL classes, two adult literacy classes (we read Harry Potter) with some rural and urban middle aged men and women with various learning disabilities and stages of education, and a fiction workshop. It has been rewarding beyond description. I remember hearing a speaker at Wake once talk about service, and how you ALWAYS get more than you're able to give in opportunities like this, and it's true.

I've already gotten a few contacts in Philly to see if I can't get some more classes set up once I get settled in. The extra 10 hrs/week that I'd usually spend doing nothing is such an wesome way to meet great new people and expand your horizons/ get out of your comfort zone.

Meeting with a federal investigator this morning for one of my bud's security clearance checks. I will yet again crack a joke to see if I can generate any sense of humor from this investigator. So far I am like 0-30 in this department. This might be the most uptight subset of gov't employees out there, and most of them are actually private contractors that are given a fake badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back