• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday, December 18th I was stuck going to Foothills because I was staying in the hotel next door (my house was uninhabitable on account of no water and a basement filled w/sewage) and the weather was god awful (near freezing rain) and I'd left my car back at my house. I asked them if they could put the Wake-Delaware St game on for me but they said all the TVs were probably "claimed" and that they weren't sure they could get it. I ended up watching the game at my table on my phone (ESPN app and ACCN for the win!) because I didn't really have any other options.
That’s fucking crazy. Were other Big 4 schools on?

I think you're a little older than me so that might explain it, but Nickelodeon was almost ubiquitous in my childhood. I absolutely loved that shit.
We didn’t have cable until later in my childhood, so the only time I saw nickelodeon was when I went to piano lessons. Because it was always at the same time, I thought nickelodeon was nothing but you can’t do that on television 24/7 (that would intersperse the sketches with cartoons like Inspector gadget, and count Duckula).

Well I’m out of the loop, what Nickelodeon documentary and what’s the problem?
Quiet on the Set recently came out (streaming on Max right now?) and explores the dark side of Nickelodeon during a specific period, specifically as it relates to child abuse, sexual innuendo, and assault (Josh Peck from Drake and Josh specifically was taken advantage of by someone in power at the studio).

Quiet on the Set recently came out (streaming on Max right now?) and explores the dark side of Nickelodeon during a specific period, specifically as it relates to child abuse, sexual innuendo, and assault (Josh Peck from Drake and Josh specifically was taken advantage of by someone in power at the studio).
I got a little glimpse of this when I was reading Jennette McCurdy‘s memoir. A lot of fucked up things going on with child actors during those days.

Sounds like it was way past my Nickelodeon time, never heard of these shows. However my kids are starting to pick up on nick shows on Netflix, wonder if those are impacted…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back