• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
every butty I've ever had, which is many, has been on a hard roll. (all bacon buttys, the best). They always seem to put ketchup on them

when I googled, all the pictures are on white bread, wtf. That's not a butty. Whoever was talking about Greggs on here has the right idea

idk what a new york hard roll is
my british coworker described the chip butty as something served on white bread first to me, tbh

I suspect ITC will interact with very few "innit?" users in east anglia
listen man that's not the point here 😂, we're just forcing in as many britsh stereotypes as we can to make ITC feel more at home here on ogboards

I’ll ask a Brit tonight. LadyYB’s mom is in town so I’ll get her final say.

@wakephan09 I think you want to serve the CHIP butty specifically on white bread because "sandwiching crisp, well-seasoned British chips between soft white bread creates a pleasant dichotomy of textures"

Nah bruv. That’s me innit. I had to import back in ‘04 after studying abroad. Now I can snag it from Publix. Cheers.
oh snap, i'm gonna tell my wife to look out for this on the next publix run

Sunday Roast isn’t a food per se, but it’s awesome.

yeah, i agree. for some reason my family/ especially my paternal grandmother always made a sunday roast type meal every sunday

maybe it was a legacy of her Welsh roots or something. my dad got my mom to get on the train so unti i went to college that was my experience.

does not compute
lol this was from a serious eats chip butty recipe:

It’s a simple sandwich, but that makes it even more important to get its few components right. The bread must be white, the butter must be soft enough to spread, and the chips should be hot. I’m a staunch believer that the chips should be seasoned with salt and malt vinegar, which helps to cut through the greasiness of the chips. (As a student in Scotland, I was told by British friends that the reason vinegar is so essential to fish and chips is so you can’t taste how old and rancid the fryer oil is. How true this is, I do not know, but I will continue to douse my chips in plenty of vinegar regardless of how clean the oil is.)

yeah, i agree. for some reason my family/ especially my paternal grandmother always made a sunday roast type meal every sunday

maybe it was a legacy of her Welsh roots or something. my dad got my mom to get on the train so unti i went to college that was my experience.
@RedSoxFaithful big sunday meal!

@wakephan09 I think you want to serve the CHIP butty specifically on white bread because "sandwiching crisp, well-seasoned British chips between soft white bread creates a pleasant dichotomy of textures"
I don't recall ever eating one. Was a regular patron many years ago at the local chippy van, where kebab chips were often likened by an American I knew to New Jersey garbage fries.

wife and i were pretty weirded out by a little jar of Heinz Brown Sauce that came with our room service when we visited in october

wtf is that stuff

isn't this the stuff WCD gets imported/orders for himself online?
Yea. Yea it is. I don’t think it’s imported though… my Publix is small so they don’t have it and I just order it from Amazon. Delicious. And I put it on everything. Eggs..chicken Philly cheesesteak, tater tots.

MDMH nailed it. To the American palate I’d say it’s a A1/Heinz 57- Ketchup hybrid. Best way I can describe it to someone who hasn’t tasted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back