• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Curry CUT by Giants

Never wish ill on another guy, but I certainly am not a fan.

The average career of an NFL player is just under 7 years. Did anybody from the Orange Bowl season make it that long?

It sounds like Vallos is the only one with a shot.

Just one day closer to him selling crack on the corner of Bragg Blvd. and Hay St., wearing his Goat hat.

Is there another team that needs linebackers as desperately as the team that just cut him?

That's a great point. The Eagles LB situation is not great by any stretch, but we look like we are starting Butkis, Lewis, and Urlacher compared to the Giants.

The average career of an NFL player is just under 7 years. Did anybody from the Orange Bowl season make it that long?

It sounds like Vallos is the only one with a shot.

I believe its around 3.2 years IIRC. Heard that number multiple times.

I believe its around 3.2 years IIRC. Heard that number multiple times.

Goodell says its six.

“There is a little bit of a misrepresentation or a misunderstanding on that. Frequently, it is said that the average career is about 3.5 years. In fact, if a player makes an opening day roster, his career is very close to six years,” Commissioner Goodell said. “If you are a first-round draft choice, the average career is close to nine years. That 3.5-year average is really a misrepresentation. What it adds is a lot of players who don’t make an NFL roster and it brings down the average.”

http://nflcommunications.com/2011/0...an-you-might-think-commissioner-goodell-says/

Deadspin is doing their NFL team previews, and today was the Seahawks' turn. They always end them with the worst players ever for said team.

The six worst Seahawks ever:

1) Jerramy Stevens.

2) Rick Mirer. Did you know he was 6'3" (and still is, I suppose)? I always felt like he was four feet tall. Anyway, he was the worst. Mirer benefitted from playing in the golden era of overrated ND quarterbacking, in which an empty-headed white guy running a dinosaur option offense could still go #2 in the draft through the sheer will of Beano Cook. Those were bad days.

3) Koren Robinson. Drinks on him, gang!

4) Dan McGwire

5) Brian Bosworth. I bet he was the first bro to ever ice another bro.

6) Aaron Curry. He may not even make an NFL roster this season. Holy shit, what a bust

Deadspin is doing their NFL team previews, and today was the Seahawks' turn. They always end them with the worst players ever for said team.

You know, betting that AC would have a HOF career was probably kind of crazy, but how many of us wouldn't have bet he'd have a better career than Bosworth?

As sick as this defense is now, they could have had Brian Cushing or Clay Matthews too.... (obviously I'm being MMQ)...

You know, betting that AC would have a HOF career was probably kind of crazy, but how many of us wouldn't have bet he'd have a better career than Bosworth?

Bosworth was okay when he played, he just got hurt due to the roids. He wasn't going to the HOF or anything but he was a solid NFL player. Plus, he gave us Stone Cold.

Back