• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse Fan Checking In (Tyler Cavanaugh Note)

We have a team filled with role players and no stars. If you put this team with 1 or 2 legitimate 4 or 5 star kind of players then we could truly compete. But Bz has been unable or unwilling to get those guys and this we struggle with an undersized, under athletic, and generally under talented at every position other than Thomas. It is not a good recipe.

Truth. And it's been that way for a couple of years. I've said for a while that, as much as I love Travis and CJ, they shouldn't be the two best players on an ACC team. They should be #2&3 or #3&4. When you combine this with your point about Cav, as long as we're putting our players in roles where they can't succeed, we are going to suck.

Truth. And it's been that way for a couple of years. I've said for a while that, as much as I love Travis and CJ, they shouldn't be the two best players on an ACC team. They should be #2&3 or #3&4. When you combine this with your point about Cav, as long as we're putting our players in roles where they can't succeed, we are going to suck.

Every decision made has been for the long-term health of the program.

"boeheimian rhapsody"

Take a bow and collect your pos rep.

eta- just noticed it's an old tag, but still great

I came up with that after Syracuse joined the conference and Boeheim was pissed (as usual) at a presser and basically just said I could give a shit about the ACC.

In all honesty (and i read your sarcasm :) ) Green will help but we won't be significantly better this year and everyone else will be (including adding some great teams). No way we finish in the top half and we are likely a bottom third kind of team again.

We have a team filled with role players and no stars. If you put this team with 1 or 2 legitimate 4 or 5 star kind of players then we could truly compete. But Bz has been unable or unwilling to get those guys and this we struggle with an undersized, under athletic, and generally under talented at every position other than Thomas. It is not a good recipe.

Wrangor, who do you see scoring on this year's squad? Without CJ, I just don't see who is capable of consistently scoring at either the 1 or 2 position. McKie still boings them off the rim but has some decent games now and again.
Without someone who can reliably hit the three, we could lose some games by a ton of points.

A lot of pressure on CMM to consistently be a 12-15 point guy. I do think he has the talent, just needs to be assertive. And Coron to hit 3s.

A lot of pressure on CMM to consistently be a 12-15 point guy. I do think he has the talent, just needs to be assertive. And Coron to hit 3s.

Ah! Forgot about Coron. Hope you're right. We'll need him to have any chance of winning a few in league play.

Each of the former BE teams will be better than us. Making the first division will be very, very tough to do.

I wonder how this board is going to feel about Coron. Looks to have a great stroke and a nice handle. Only here for a year. Writing is on the wall for him to win just enough games to save [Redacted]'s job...

I'm just glad there isn't a relegation system in college sports.

I wonder how this board is going to feel about Coron. Looks to have a great stroke and a nice handle. Only here for a year. Writing is on the wall for him to win just enough games to save [Redacted]'s job...

As I posted earlier, our AD is a total nutjob. So, I have zero faith in him making a decision regardless if we win 5 or 10 games. I've lost all hope of this program legitimately attempting to field championship-caliber teams.
Thus, I'm completely indifferent with respect to Coron's impact.

He's unlikely to be as good as CJ.

I don't think we will have a winning record next season.

Surely the [Redacted] saves job cutoff line after year 4 is at least NIT.

That's too rational. If we were dealing with reason he would already be fired.

Ron is trying to prove that he was right. Buzz is here until he has a winning season and then walks.

Can't wait for Wellman to start talking about Jim Grobe's record in years 4 and 5 before winning his ACC championship as a [Redacted] justification.

Can't wait for Wellman to start talking about Jim Grobe's record in years 4 and 5 before winning his ACC championship as a [Redacted] justification.

Oh, Jesus. I hadn't even thought of that. That is absolutely going to happen.

Of course, Grobe actually had success in years 1 and 2

First off: Thank you for picking us to be your conference mate.

Cuse fans loved the Big East for hoops...football not so much.

We are all in for the ACC. Folks are getting really excited up in NY.

Syracuse's main board is http://www.syracusefan.com. Like this it is an indy board. We have this board linked at SyracuseFan.com If you have links here hopefully you can do the same.

I hope a few will venture over, register and post at Syracuse's main board.

Syracuse.com had a nice article on Tyler Cavanaugh http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2013/07/tyler_cavanaugh_works_on_his_g.html

Thanks for posting the article on Cavanaugh, and welcome to the ACC.

Coron can and will score. The concern with him is that his lack of size makes him a defensive liability at the 2 in ACC play. Will his defensive challenges offset his offensive contributions?
Also, do not expect too much from DGreen this year.

Back